DEMODEX SOAP AND SHAMPOO

zackb

Reaction score
Guys,

This has been brought up a million tims before...but... Has anyone tried the facedoctor shampoo or soap to see if it helped their hairloss? I just got it for the hell of it. I have only used it a few days, but I think my scalp seems healthier allready. Anyone else try it?

This stuff is used to kill the possible overabundance of demodex mites.

-Zack

mattj

Established Member
Reaction score
Never used it but my mind is open and I'd like you to keep us updated.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I've been using it for about a month or so, both the shampoo and the facial soap. It's a very clean-rinsing shampoo, but it has had no impact on my hair or scalp, at least yet.

I was trying it to see if the Seabuckthorn oil and its properties had any impact on my scalp itch.

zackb

Reaction score
Gardner

The face doctor people told me that it take a few weeks sometimes. Maybe you should use it more often?

polster

Reaction score
The face doctor soap is the biggest scam on the internet. Its some cheap soap from china which smells like nasty sh*t. The funny thing is that is has probably less than .001% of sea buckthorn oil which is the active ingredient supposed to kill demodex.

Its better to order 100% sea buckthorn oil from reputable stores online than waisitng your money on this marketing crap.

zackb

Reaction score
Polster,

Why the harsh words on this? I have been using the shampoo for 2 weeks or so and my scalp does seem happier. My hair looks good after I shower with it. I am going to keep using it and see what happens. Using this, Nizoral, and T-Gel, has to be the best thing you can do for the health of your scalp.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
i broke down and ordered the free ($7 shipping/handling) sample soap from facedoctor and have been using it for about two weeks. thought i would try it out on my face before messing with my hair.

no noticeable difference in anything, but will stick with it until it runs out.

i will say this, the soap has the exact same smell as the crappy miniature soaps you get at a cheap hotel. and it leaves your face feeling about as dried out as well. makes me wonder if they just add seabuckthorn oil to the cheapest based soap possible.

zackb

Reaction score
They may just do that. I mainly use the shampoo, which has been good for my hair I think. My hair does seem to look a little cleaner or fuller right after I use it. If I use the shampoo, I just put some moisterizer on afterwards. I am goingn to stick it out and see how I feel after it has been used up.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Two months using both, and I like the products. Both the soap and the shampoo are simple, basic ingredients, and both rinse very cleanly. The soap has a slight drying effect on my skin that tends to last throughout the day, I notice a reduced level of "sebum sheen" on my face. This was a problem when I was an acne-prone youth, but now, it's not a big deal. I DO wish I had this soap back in those acne days, and for those with acne, I would consider trying the Face Doctor soap. However, I have chosen to drop it when my bar is used up.

Even though I am dropping the soap, I am contemplating KEEPING the shampoo. Definite reduction in irritation, very noticeable.

Now, allow me to preface that remark a bit. There are different kinds of irritation... there is acute irritation caused by topicals. There is irritation associated with Seb Derm and flaking. My irritation was more of an ambient, low grade phenomenon. The kind that made my hair feel sore at the roots whenever I would attempt to comb it against the grain. I've noticed subtle improvements in this over the last few months and have played them down here on this forum out of prudent modesty, but to tell you the truth, this irritation is GONE, and this to me is a BIG DEAL. I am not saying this would work for everyone because everyone's irritation is caused by different things, but I would be interested in having someone with a similar type of irritation as I had to give this shampoo a try to see if my results can be corroberated.

As the above poster alluded to, the ingredients to both the shampoo and the soap are very basic, namely soap flakes, mild shampoo detergent, and the Seabuckthorn Oil. I am wondering if it is the simple ingredients of this shampoo that might be cutting down on the irritation? Perhaps all the sophisticated topicals, shampoos, and other things need a good, simple shampoo like this to moderate the scalp environment a bit? Now, this is just MY experience with this, and I am very selective in what I endorse and not endorse and those who have read my prior "product reviews" will know... but I would like someone else with ambient irritation similar to what I described above to give this stuff a shot and see what they think about it after a few months.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
I am still using the facedoctor soap. Amazing how that little bar has lasted so long. Can't say that I noticed any real effects on my skin. No reduction in pore size, smoothness of skin, etc., as was advertised. Though maybe slightly softer skin. As for the dryness, you get used to it somewhat, but I started using a mild face moisturizer to combat that dryness that has worked so well I feel obligated to throw out a recommendation. It is DDF, Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew. Sounds gay, I know, but it is very light and it dries perfectly clean without any greasiness or residue. I would recommend it to anyone, especially someone who avoids moisturizers because of excessive oiliness.

One thing I noticed from the face soap is that the skin around my hairline was NOTICEABLY less flaky. So, I've been curious about trying a seabuckthorn shampoo to see if it has that effect for the rest of my scalp, especially now that gardener has cited some benefit. FYI, my scalp irritation is from scalp buildup/flaking. I'll post an update if I experience any benefits. Also, I'm up for any recommendations for seabuckthorn shampoos other than facedoctor. Preferrably something less "clinical" and more of a "beauty product" so that it is hopefully less drying.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Gardener to base camp, Gardener to base camp... news flash

Hair doctor shampoo, and face doctor soap, have done jack sh*t for me in terms of rectifying my hairloss situation.

As someone who has been working on a bottle and bar of each over the last few months, I just thought it was appropriate for me to clarify so as not to give any false impressions.

tray85

Reaction score
I have read that Seabuckthorn is good for irritated and dry skin, and other skin problems, and it's used allot for that purpose. I think it works in some ways like an anti inflammatory. There are no published studies that I have found that confirm it grows hair.

-tray