Dematologist question.......

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
did your dematologist do any test to you guys? mine asked me what was wrong, i said i was losing my hair and then he like okay heres prescription for propecia, but its off bc NO1 in my family has ever lost any.... so i thought maybe it was deeper then that

Axon

Reaction score
There is no test that "proves" you have male pattern baldness. Family History only matters to a certain extent.

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
He should've done more tests on you. Get a blood test for sure, and go see a good dermatologist in future.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
I second that..

I definitely thought i had male pattern baldness.. and went to my Doctor. Then he proceeded to tell me there are plenty of other causes like vitamin deficiency, auto-immune diseases and others... not so sure after that! A quick blood test later, yeap everything was normal, and percrisption for proscar with no doubt after the cause of my hair loss!

You really have to question exactly how many of the people on this board are saying that XXXXXX treatment doesn't work for them when they themselves may not havd male pattern baldness at all..

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
well i got a blood test done on my own to check and see if it was deficient in any vitamins and my blood was fine... but the dermatolgist didn't even care about blood he said it only matters in woman, not men... what else should he have done?