Delaluz Story - (26/Should never of stopped using regaine)

Delaluz

Reaction score
Just want to say Hi and share my experience with you.

I'm 26 and I'm currently a NW2. I started to notice thinning hair at the age of 20. I use to gel my hair loads and gradually noticing for photos my hair was becoming flatter and flatter. I looked awful. It was a real concern for me, affected my confident a lot and decided to look for products which could thicken my hair.

I started on regaine 2% in 2003. I couldn't believe how much shedding I experienced from that in the first month of usage and started to panic. So I bought avodart and regaine 5%. After 2 months my hair restored back to its normal state.

2 years on believing by this time I would have hair as thick as i had it when I was 16. I realized Avodart wasn't worth the money. For the amount I was spending on it (75 pounds a month) I was expecting amazing results, so I decided to drop it.

2 years on with regaine. My hair loss had come to a halt. but I was massively in debt and lost my job. So i decided to stop using regaine for a while. After 6 months on my hair had stayed the same but after another 6 months I then started to develop bald patches near the front and started receding. I was so gutted.

So started with regaine again and 1 year on its stopped my hair loss again. And now I've sorted my life and finances out I able to include more to my regime.
In the near future I will be using the following products: minoxidil 12.5% finasteride 1.25 Keto 2% Tea tree and lavander oil. Nourkin, Zinc and B6. If anyone can recommend any other products please do.

Products Ive used and believe were not affective were: Revivogen, lasermax

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Delaluz story, Should never of stopped using regaine

sorry to hear about your hair loss roller coaster ride

you say you are nw2 now? how thick is your hairline?

i guess i would suggest topical spironolactone for the hairline

the topical spironolactone is suppose to protect the miniaturizing dht affected hair and possibly allow the hair tho return to terminal

may i ask why you are using 12.5 liquid minoxidil instead of the reg 5% or possibly foam?

consistency is the key and patience the game

take baseline pics and one every 3 months to chart your progress

good luck mate

dman23

Reaction score

man you said that your hair loss stoped after some time when you used rogain5% and avo but have you saw some regrowth after all this time ?
or only saved your current hair at that time...

Delaluz

Reaction score

BodyDysmorphic said:
sorry to hear about your hair loss roller coaster ride

you say you are nw2 now? how thick is your hairline?

i guess i would suggest topical spironolactone for the hairline

the topical spironolactone is suppose to protect the miniaturizing dht affected hair and possibly allow the hair tho return to terminal

may i ask why you are using 12.5 liquid minoxidil instead of the reg 5% or possibly foam?

consistency is the key and patience the game

take baseline pics and one every 3 months to chart your progress

good luck mate

My hair is quite thin all over now. I will look into spironolactone, I believe its quite cheap?

I'm still on 5% but may buff it up to 12.5% cream with AAcid this month. Would hopefully see my hair grow back to how it was 2-3 years ago.

When I buy these products: minoxidil 12.5, spironolactone and add them to my current regime I will add photos and do a monthly update. ty

Delaluz

Reaction score

dman23 said:
man you said that your hair loss stoped after some time when you used rogain5% and avo but have you saw some regrowth after all this time ?
or only saved your current hair at that time...

I started regaine first. after the shedding from regaine and grew back to normal, I started Avodart. used that for 2 years with regaine. But I felt it wasnt doing justice considering the money it was costing me. So i stopped. I maintained what I had with regaine for 2 years. Its when I stopped using regaine i started losing hair after a year.

I had no regrowth really since 2 months after starting regaine years ago, just kept what I had. I have to use dermmatch now to hide patches.

IBM

Reaction score
Deladuz you shouldnt stop avodart. Regrowth is exeperienced after 2 or 3 years of treatment. An anti-androgen is very important.