Degradation of Cetirizine in alcohol vehicles!

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I make a new batch about every 4 to 5 days. I store the cetirizine in the freezer.

I use a high % solution, about 4%, mixed with 50% water, %30 ethanol, 20% dimethicone which is a silicone compound which i think is close to that used in the study. To be honest i don't know what level of degradation there is but mixing up the solution regularly must help.

One thing I have noticed is that some of it must go systemic. I have really bad allergies, i.e. hayfever in summer and since i have been using this solution i do not need to take oral meds or antihistamines. This is probably no surprise though as in theory i am using approximately 80-100mg topically a day and 10 mg is the prescribed dose for oral cetirizine.

My bserveration is that it is a good maintenance and thickening treatment.
Have you recovered some or become serious since you started using it?

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I make a new batch about every 4 to 5 days. I store the cetirizine in the freezer.

I use a high % solution, about 4%, mixed with 50% water, %30 ethanol, 20% dimethicone which is a silicone compound which i think is close to that used in the study. To be honest i don't know what level of degradation there is but mixing up the solution regularly must help.

One thing I have noticed is that some of it must go systemic. I have really bad allergies, i.e. hayfever in summer and since i have been using this solution i do not need to take oral meds or antihistamines. This is probably no surprise though as in theory i am using approximately 80-100mg topically a day and 10 mg is the prescribed dose for oral cetirizine.

My bserveration is that it is a good maintenance and thickening treatment.
Are you still using cetirizine? Is there regeneration related to cetirizine? Do you take any antiandrogens? Thank you very much.