Decreased Body Odour And Sweat On Finasteride

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a post I made on Reddit originally, I got a decent amount of downvotes but I had a few people comment they had a similar experience. One user also linked a study which found that finasteride indeed does. "There is actually a study on this. 5a-reductase is found in apocrine sweat glands and cause more body odor, so inhibition could mediate these effects; however, the main enzyme responsible appears to be 5AR-1, which finasteride weakly inhibits, so the effect from it would be slight and likely not noticeable. Here's a study where they compare finasteride with MK386, Merck's type 1 inhibitor."

I've been exercising a lot lately and I've noticed my sweat has minimal odour and I'm sweating much more less in general, I've been exercising lately and I'm noticing I'm barely sweating much at all. Back in Winter when ran around a lake I noticed I was sweating so bad, I felt my back and it was completely covered in sweat. It was enough to make my hand completely wet and saturate my clothes. Now running around in Summer I'm barely sweating at all, today when I went on a rather long trip I noticed there was minimal sweat. My back was moist as opposed to completely wet and of course there is minimal body odour. This is just simply short of amazing since I've had issues with sweating a lot in these recent years and I'd often sweat easily which would result in me being extremely cold. It wasn't something that I can counteract either. When I was cold I'd put more clothes on except those clothes would make me sweat making me cold and sweaty. My feet were particularly bad since they'd be frozen 24/7.

Original Reddit post:
So a positive side effect of finasteride I've noticed is that I actually have decreased body odour, recently alongside treating hairloss I've been going on walks and exercising causing me to get all sweaty. Something interesting I've noticed is that I now actually have minimal body odour, there is still some there but it is nowhere near as prominent as it used to be. I never actually ever used to use deodorant throughout school since I found no reason to since I had minimal body odour, literally had the same cans for many years. I'd even wear the same clothes for many days in a row with zero issue. I know people can get used to their own smell but even asking friends and my sister they all said they couldn't smell anything and it was fine. Over the last few years my body odour has gotten progressively worse, I don't even have to do much physical activity to start sweating and cause an awful stench. I would notice I was sweating far more often and I could even physically smell it on myself, sniffing my armpits was greeted with a strong stench and my sister often commented on how I smell and I really need to start using deodorant which I did end up doing.

Now after using Finasteride I'm noticing minimal body odour, I do still have some but it's far, far less and I'm loving it. Now I know someone is probably going to comment that it's ruining my manhood and that we actually need the pheromones in male sweat to attract females but as far as I'm aware that's just a myth. I haven't had any negative side effects from finasteride aside from shedding on weeks 2-3, honestly I'm loving the effects it has on my body. (sadly no reduction in my abundant body hair though)

I'm super curious if anyone else has had an experience like this

popey84

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. For me, the smell has also increased. The worst thing is that the smell doesn't go away, even though I stopped using finasteride a few months ago. I don't know what to do now.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about the odor(less) on Fina but "the pheromones in male sweat to attract females but as far as I'm aware that's just a myth" is not true. This is what actually chemistry between two sexual partners refers to. Again, this is not to say that having less odor will make you less manly...