Decrease in ejaculate

mike_jones

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So i've been on fincar for about a month now and i've recently noticed that when i ejaculate I don't have as much semen. However this is comparing to very little sexual activity (thus the accumulation of semen) and now sexual activity atleast once every day.

both of these have kind of happened simultaneously so i don't know if it's the finasteride or is it just that i'm ejaculating way more than i used to. I'm thinking of waiting about a week before I "see" my gf again just to see what happens to my semen levels but any ideas about this? My libido has been unaffected as far as i can tell.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mike_jones said:
Hi guys,
So i've been on fincar for about a month now and i've recently noticed that when i ejaculate I don't have as much semen. However this is comparing to very little sexual activity (thus the accumulation of semen) and now sexual activity atleast once every day.

both of these have kind of happened simultaneously so i don't know if it's the finasteride or is it just that i'm ejaculating way more than i used to. I'm thinking of waiting about a week before I "see" my gf again just to see what happens to my semen levels but any ideas about this? My libido has been unaffected as far as i can tell.

I not only had a decrease in ejaculate, but a good deal of sensation lost in my penis during sex. On 1mg of finasteride a day, the symptoms never went away. Only when I reduced my dosage to .25mg and .5mg, did my ejaculate increase, and my side effects diminished greatly.

Paul December

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, Loss of Sensation is Bad...but I've got to ask....Why are there so many posts on diminished quantity of ejaculate? Unless you are trying to have a child (which doesn't seem to be the case with the posters I've read)...why does anyone care?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Paul December said:
OK, Loss of Sensation is Bad...but I've got to ask....Why are there so many posts on diminished quantity of ejaculate? Unless you are trying to have a child (which doesn't seem to be the case with the posters I've read)...why does anyone care?

It's something you immediately notice... a drastic change in both volume, consistency, and color of your semen. I'm not trying to have a child at the moment, but will one day. And it's nice to know it'll all be there when the day arrives. Last thing you want is tiny little spurts.

But yeah, the loss of penis sensation sucks, and it's a real phenomenon of higher doses of finasteride. Sex just isn't as pleasurable for me on anything higher than .5mg of finasteride. Everyone needs to find the proper dosage that's right for them.... one that has the least side effects, and the most positive results.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i've been on finasteride for about 3 weeks now and noticed lower amounts of ejaculate within a few days of starting it. the sensation is not as good either and wood don't pop up as frequintley as it used to. also, it doesn't ever seem to get fully erect and going for a second round is not an option anymore. when i'm done, i'm done. ZZZZzzzzzz!

hopefully these sides will eleviate as time goes on. we'll see. i've commmited myself to a full 12 months to really see what it will do for me. right now, keeping the hair i have left is more important to me.

bubka

Reaction score
i had the sensation thing with a few other drugs for a different situation totally, not being able to c*m sucks

women don't like 2 pump chumps, but they don't like marathon men either

i was warned about the decrease in sensation possibility by the physician who wrote me my proscar script none the less, good man