Deciding if it’s worth taking a chance

the496rocket

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 35 years old from USA, been losing my hair since I was 18, currently a Norwood 6/7, contacting some clinics around the world For a possible hair transplant, wondering what everyone here thanks. I got turned down by a couple of reputable clinics, however Eugenix says they can do it, with 4000-5000 first session then a second for crown. I am very hesitant as it will be a pretty expensive endeavor to fly over there and have this done. Attaching files of my hair loss. Two of the photos are about 3 to 4 weeks before the rest as you can tell. When shorted donor looks bad but seems to grow in thick when longer...

Attachments

• E8F4B7DD-9CDB-46B7-9AB1-DAAFAA70EBD8.jpeg
    E8F4B7DD-9CDB-46B7-9AB1-DAAFAA70EBD8.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 38825DD3-27AB-4AC3-A7F9-E2F973AAFBF8.jpeg
    38825DD3-27AB-4AC3-A7F9-E2F973AAFBF8.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 293A6183-F835-42E2-821E-F3C5161E4395.jpeg
    293A6183-F835-42E2-821E-F3C5161E4395.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 236
  • DB76CEE6-333C-465E-BF27-0109AF95BC25.jpeg
    DB76CEE6-333C-465E-BF27-0109AF95BC25.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 57B1566F-7D70-42BA-BA58-F08FA0642474.jpeg
    57B1566F-7D70-42BA-BA58-F08FA0642474.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 836173BF-7D21-4EDF-82B0-5510A8BCC373.jpeg
    836173BF-7D21-4EDF-82B0-5510A8BCC373.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 241

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ve a big area to cover, and it’s pure bald. You’re donor hair looks thin too, I’d say go for it, but use some of those beard grafts as well

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 35 years old from USA, been losing my hair since I was 18, currently a Norwood 6/7, contacting some clinics around the world For a possible hair transplant, wondering what everyone here thanks. I got turned down by a couple of reputable clinics, however Eugenix says they can do it, with 4000-5000 first session then a second for crown. I am very hesitant as it will be a pretty expensive endeavor to fly over there and have this done. Attaching files of my hair loss. Two of the photos are about 3 to 4 weeks before the rest as you can tell. When shorted donor looks bad but seems to grow in thick when longer...
How much you reckon it would cost getting it done at eugenix?

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
You posted the same topic on HRN and I don't really agree with the replies you received.

If I were you, I would take a time-out for the next 6-12 months and, in the interim, get on a dermarolling + minoxidil regime.

I reckon you could regain a significant amount of density if you dermaroll your whole scalp (and not just the norwood area). You're still relatively young so your chances of getting some decent regrowth are quite high. I would then consider getting a transplant once you've peaked and are not getting any more regrowth.

The suggestion for using Eugenix is sound because you definitely need to use beard hair to get any decent coverage. I'm not sure why you are baulking at the Eugenix cost because it would cost you a damn sight more to get any comparable work done in the USA.

Last edited:

the496rocket

My Regimen
Reaction score
Incider yes I posted on HRN recently, I am trying to get as much information/advise as I can. I am EXTREMELY on the fence about this. and I have decided its Eugenix or nothing. My biggest hesitation is if my donor is miniaturizing, and will continue to do so, in which case my transplant would end up thinning out also. At this time I can pull off a system nicely, but after a transplant, it may not be an option if my donor is wiped out and wont blend anymore. Probably the toughest decision I've ever had to make.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Incider yes I posted on HRN recently, I am trying to get as much information/advise as I can. I am EXTREMELY on the fence about this. and I have decided its Eugenix or nothing. My biggest hesitation is if my donor is miniaturizing, and will continue to do so, in which case my transplant would end up thinning out also. At this time I can pull off a system nicely, but after a transplant, it may not be an option if my donor is wiped out and wont blend anymore. Probably the toughest decision I've ever had to make.
Have you had a good surgeon evaluate your donor locally in the US…in person?

the496rocket

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not, i reached out to Konior in chicago recently and sent him photos and he said that he doesnt think I would be happy with my results because of my donor density. Did not offer an in person evaluation. I think if I could get that done somewhere, it would at least give me 100% closure so I am not constantly thinking "what if it could work) and I could move on with my life.

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
My biggest hesitation is if my donor is miniaturizing, and will continue to do so

You're missing the point. If you get on a dermarolling + minoxidil regime your donor won't miniaturize nor will it continue to do so. In fact, you would reverse some of the damage already done (as long as you address scalp inflammation). The cost is minimal and it just requires some time and effort. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but 'up to you' at the end of the day.

Pongle1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're missing the point. If you get on a dermarolling + minoxidil regime your donor won't miniaturize nor will it continue to do so. In fact, you would reverse some of the damage already done (as long as you address scalp inflammation). The cost is minimal and it just requires some time and effort. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but 'up to you' at the end of the day.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bold statement minoxidill dont work for everybody dumbass.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with your dislikes for no reason or I Will dislike every comment of yours that I find.

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
Bold statenent minoxidill dont work for everybody dumbass.

LOL .....a newbie poster copies my post (for some reason) and then this clown makes a reply. Probably losingbattle trolling around.

Anyway, no, read again you dumbass.

I didn't say minxoidil on it's own. I said dermarolling+minoxidil+scalp inflammation regime. BIG difference. It worked for me and it worked for a a lot of other people.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL .....a newbie poster copies my post (for some reason) and then this clown makes a reply. Probably losingbattle trolling around.

I didn't say minxoidil on it's own. I said dermarolling+minoxidil+scalp inflammation regime. BIG difference. It worked for me and it worked for a a lot of other people.
No that doesnt work you hippie lol.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are even too afraid to show your age, I will kick in your teeth old man.

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL.....I'm really intimidated by this keyboard warrior. Now be a good chap and go troll around on another forum you loser. :D
When was I trolling? I never troll im serious give me your address this dutasteride has made me alpha!!!!!

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has Eugenix even examined you? How would they know they can do it by pictures? If 2 reputable clinics turned you down i wouldn't be looking for someone to do it.

aizaz123

My Regimen
Reaction score
don't troll each help the guy give him som suggestion so he can get hairs and he has takedown by reputed clinics