Decided to Take Action

Smiths

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've been experiencing thinning hair for about two or two and a half years now, and I've finally decided that it's time to take action to prevent my hair loss from becoming really serious. I decided to post on this forum because I know that you fellows are a wealth of information and can probably offer some good advice for my situation.

Firstly, almost all of the thinning I've experienced has been diffuse, that is, not particularly concentrated on my hairline or my crown. That being said I have a noticeable thin spot (not quite a bald spot, but sparse) on my crown and minor recession ("mature hairline" from what I've read on this forum) at my temples. The problem is not so much where I am today, but the rate that I know where I'm heading towards. I should mention that hair loss runs in my mothers (not so much my father's) side of the family--which means that I am definitely genetically susceptible to eventual baldness. Honestly, I don't actually have any HUGE problems with the idea of going bald, it's just that I'm young (18), and I don't want to regret inaction.

So here are my questions:
a) is it possible to buy finasteride at a reputable online pharmacy? I should mention that I live in Canada, so what are the possible implications of ordering it online?
b) are there real chances of irreversible side-effects from finasteride? I understand that there is a small group of men that claim permanent sexual-side effects, which is certainly frightening.
c) given diffuse thinning, what are my chances of improving the thickness of my hair/thickening my crown with the right regime?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best Regards,

Andrew