Decide with me??

powerguy2012

Reaction score
Hi all.

This is Mohammad. I am a hair loss sufferer as most of you here. I registered before doing any move to have an advice from experts in this field. I visited some Drs in my country which I didn't feel that they are being honest with their answers, the plan was traveling abroad for a hair transplant but still I was hoping for a good dr in my country to enlighten me.

I noticed that I have a thin hairline from my teen age around 18. On 23 the crown area was obvious and I almost did a hair transplant. Tried finasteride and gave me side effects in my sexual life that took me months to be clear from mentally and physically. Thank god am clear from it now and I decided to not opt for the pills anymore. With the help of hairdresser who introduced me to toppik I was able to use it on daily basis and so far am happy with the result.

Now am 29 and I don't want to use concealers. I want to cut my hair shorter and feel natural, glad that I didn't do a hair transplant before 5 years as now i noticed the thinking reached wider area. Here is pics of my current situation :

Share.Pho.to | This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to

And here is pics of my daily routine after using topic + my dad hairline he's 62 now:

Share.Pho.to | This photo set was shared via Share.Pho.to

When I was 23 my mentality was to have a hair transplant and I will have dense hair forever, and I was going to choose the cheaper options available. Now I read more about this and my financial life is much better as I can opt for the best only.

I want your genuine thoughts about :

1- should i opt for hair transplant now? how does my donor area looks like? I don't want to look silly on my 50s or so if more original hair falled and I don't have more donor hairs for other Transplants.

2- in the last 5 years I used to put little wax along with topik, sleep overnight and wash with normal shampoos like head and shoulders, I want to take care of it now What are best options for scalp which kind of shampoo should I use? oils before sleeping etc?? will it make a difference?

3- Low level lazer therapies, Igrow later will it make a difference?

4- After hair transplant how soon I can wear a hat or use toppik again? with my hair style as above photos am i a good candidate for hair transplant without shaving?

5- What will be your plan if your in my shoes?( Without finasteride,minor etc... )

Sorry if am not being clear in any part as english is not my first language, I am no expert in online search and forum using but anyone who reply kindly note that your opinion will be taken very seriously and will help me in this decision.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus man!! DO NOT GET AN hair transplant OR YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUINED. Go do more research. hair transplant's are NOT an option for people who have a lot of hair. I have lived the past 2 years of my life in depression because I made the decision you're about to make. A hair transplant RIGHT NOW WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thorn is right. You don't need a hair transplant.
you need pills & minoxidil
im sorry, but side effects are just part of the game...even after a hair transplant, you might continue to lose hair....your dad is a NW4-5...u might be too. Whose to say your hairloss has permanently stopped?

powerguy2012

Reaction score
Jesus man!! DO NOT GET AN hair transplant OR YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUINED. Go do more research. hair transplant's are NOT an option for people who have a lot of hair. I have lived the past 2 years of my life in depression because I made the decision you're about to make. A hair transplant RIGHT NOW WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR.

Thanks for your care and reply blackthorn, really appreciate.

However trust that I don't have a full head of hair, please do not compare with fully bolded or other patients. If I don't use Concealer everybody is shocked of my hair. The photos aren't just clear and I believe that the longer surrounding hairs are such as my case the more stupid you look when ur bald in the centre.

Kindly explain why a hair transplant put you in regret? why will I regret it? If I have enough donor hair and money for future hair transplants why wouldn't I go ahead with it?

Regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Thorn is right. You don't need a hair transplant.
you need pills & minoxidil
im sorry, but side effects are just part of the game...even after a hair transplant, you might continue to lose hair....your dad is a NW4-5...u might be too. Whose to say your hairloss has permanently stopped?

Thanks for your share and reply transam, I really appreciate. The meds unfortunately is not an option for me as I took the minimum dosage once a week and it hit my hard down there, I strongly believe that nothing is more important than our precious part. I didn't say my hairloss is permanent but I want to enjoy living my 30s with a better hairline that I can cut short and don't need to use concealers that destroy my pillow and bathtub.

- - - Updated - - -

Any expert advice is really appreciated guys? What will you do if your in my shoes? Anything but the minoxidil/finasteride. Laser or plasma injections? hair transplant if I have enough donor and money for future hair transplants? Or I don't have options in the meantime except using toppik and hiding it?

What about the natural remedies? Oils/ change shampoo anything that can improve my hair health but is really approved to work and the organic shampoos and oils are so many that I can't choose a routine.