Decent results from minoxidil and minor dht inhibition

Joe1191

Established Member
Reaction score
I started using Lipogaine 1x a day and keto 2-3x a week approximately 9 or 10 months ago. (Lipogaine contains ingredients that may be potentially DHT blocking)
Then around 3 months ago I used lipogaine 1.25 mg 2x a day with S5 daycream 1-2x a day with keto shampoo 2-3x a week.

I will be getting finasteride within the week and taking it .5mg eod.

Let me start by saying before I started minoxidil (lipogaine), my hair was coming out in very large globs of hair after showering and I initially didn't think anything of it until someone noticed my crown was thinning and I noticed my overall hair density was lowered. I read somewhere that hair coming out in the shower was normal so I never thought anything of it. How stupid could I be when that was definitely not a normal amount. It would cover the entire drain.

After a month or so of using minoxidil 1x a day and keto shampoo, it stopped!! I have maintained since then. Now I've upped my dosage to 1.25mg 2x a day with S5 for the past 3 months and I'm hoping to regrow. I've had slight regrowth already, but nothing imo picture worthy. Oddly enough I have gotten a surprising amount of regrowth across my hairline and temples even though I was applying primarily to my crown/vertex. These hairs aren't vellus anymore either. They are dark, relatively thick, and all the same length as eachother but still much shorter than my regular hair. I haven't been able to tell much of a difference at the crown as it is still early. Possibly thicker strands.
I'm hoping that this higher dosage and continue usage of keto shampoo, S5 day cream, and the soon addition of .5 mg finasteride EOD will help me regrow substantially. I'm strangely excited to start finasteride, just hoping I won't be a part of the unlucky few who get sides.