Decay of my yay hair

Bolhed

Reaction score
:shakehead: at my gene pool...

Lookin at some pics from 3-4 years ago when I was 19-20 yrs old with my stupid head full with nice hairs...
Now...well I took these pics NOW cos I feel like torturing myself today.

It looks awful. I want to buzz my head. Cut it short. And go via minoxidil route. Only thing is I'm so scared to cut my hair, that I'm waiting for my Toppik to arrive first.

Shame, shame, shame. I would like to say hair is overrated. And that I don't care. Which I don't. I just don't want to look like my father just yet.
It will be like a loss...if my popps had a full head of hair, I wouldnt even log on here, ever, I would just buzzed the hair. But I can't wave my white flag at this age.

Here are the pics. They are super ugly. I really am telling you, they look worse then it really is.
But I ain't lyin to myself that it's all peachy cos it's way far from it.

Sideshot
4fvjw2.jpg

Jezus...from the back :freaked:
ofd01x.jpg

Front
jq0v9g.jpg

God please have mercy on my head...
30jhev7.jpg

Another one from the top
nqti04.jpg

Front...thin as ever
14szm8j.jpg

So, as bad as my head is, I manage to somehow comb it and look not so, not so bad. But I recieved some complaints off my friends that Im thinning.
Also, my hair used to fall out like crazy this winter. Now it seems to have stopped, at least I think so, it's barely few hairs a day, even when I'm washing it.

This hair was washed yesterday by some random shampoo. I don't know if you notice (but I'm shure you do) how...lame my hair looks.
In a way that it really looks...like hay. So thin and sick. I can't say I'm eating right...and I would love to go to fitness but I'm scared of sweating + thin hair effect.

So generally, hair sucks. My especially. I will post some pics when I cut it short. But not until Toppik arrives. Great.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi bolhed, welcome to the forum. you will find lots of useful information here, including the revelation that you have a great chance at reversing your hairloss or at the very least maintaining your current state of hair. like many new posters/hairloss sufferers you don't realize just how much MORE hair you can lose - you are in pretty damn good shape right now. i'd be curious to see the hairline with your hair pulled back - but it seems like most of your trouble is in the crown area - lucky for you, that's where propecia works the best.

in november i was totally freaking out, wondering what life bald would be like - extra sucky for me being 6'4" with a slender build. my hair was rapidly declining. i started propecia on Jan 15th, so its been just over 3 months now and I have seen a complete reversal of my situation - my hair has really thickened and shedding has stopped - no more finding hair in the drain. i know it could stop working anyday now, and i am thankful for the gain i've had, even if the meds stop working.

i should add a disclaimer and say some people experience bad side effects, even long term, from propecia, and its only been around for 8 years so there are no studies on long term effects of inhibiting male hormones like DHT. you should do research of your own on possible side effects before making any decision on propecia.

my suggestion would be to not freak out seeing as you still have lots of hair - definitely let us see the pics of your hair cut short. and - are you really going to put toppik in your hair before going for a cut? that's craziness. trust me, the hairdressers cut hair for bald/balding guys all the time - its about YOU the customer, so make sure you be specific and get exactly the cut you want.

good luck man!

satch5150

Reaction score
get a haircut, short on the sides and a bit longer (2-3 cm on top) and spike it with a bit of gel. It will good, trust me, been there, done that. It bought me a next year of having decent hair

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
23, 24 that is the age more guys are starting to notice the loss. Perfect time to get on the meds- wish I did. Still hope for you though...

Bolhed

Reaction score
I think I might be dying. Maybe I have some major disease.

But last 5 days my hair is falling off crazy.

I run my hand to the BACK of my head...you know, the part of head where even the boldies have hairs...and I keep finding hairs in my hands...

Oh well......I had a good life tho....can't complain

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a f*****g douchebag. If hair is your life, then just die with it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hypocondriac :shakehead:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bolhed said:
GHG said:
I run my hand to the BACK of my head...you know, the part of head where even the boldies have hairs...and I keep finding hairs in my hands...
What a f****ing douchebag. If hair is your life, then just die with it.

Have you never heard of sarcasm?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Bolhed said:
GHG said:
What a f****ing douchebag. If hair is your life, then just die with it.

Have you never heard of sarcasm?

Yeah I have but it's really hard to tell if someone's being sarcastic or serious. Especially on this board... sorry Bolhed.