*debonair*'s story - (20 and receding bad(pics shown)

*debonair*

Reaction score
Well here are my pics. I've always had a receding hairline for as long as i can remember, but as far as hairthinning and crown thinning its been really recent and im guessing it was from the accutane i took and just finished a few months ago. Before the accutane i was never really concerned about my hair thickness, but now its thin as hell and making me really self conscious. i was gonna schedule a doctor appointment for Proscar/Propaciae cause its starting to really get to me and im constantly analyzing my hair multiple times a day and im just wondering when i should completely shave my head. any other things i should do? wait to use rogaine to see if the propeciae works? or wat also wat norwood would i probably be scaled at ? 3?

this is me at 18

18uy1.jpg

me at 19

accutanetg1.jpg

Me now

recedingmz1.jpg

receding2hm4.jpg

receding6ks1.jpg

receding7ye4.jpg

receding4tw5.jpg

What i look like without picking the hairline apart

year4bb9.jpg

Petchsky

Reaction score
Re: 20 and receding bad(pics shown)

I'd get on the big 3 mate. Proscar, minoxidil and nizoral...it tackles hairloss from three different sides, DHT, a growth agent, and inflammation.

Your hair loss is the same pace that mine was at your age, if you don't do something to counter it, it will get worse year on year, get on a regimen and stick to it, you may shed hair at first, but this is all part of the process.

Do your best to read the site and look at the success forum to show that the big 3 really does work for a good percentage of people. :)

Welcome to the forum

Trig

Reaction score

One thing I'd like to say, is that when I got my Propecia prescription, I just called my doctor and he then called a Pharmacy and they filled it. I never went in to see him. He is my general practitioner, and he also helps my bald father, so I just said I was concerned and he took care if it that day. That evening after work, I took my first pill!

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score

On a positive note, you are very good looking. You will still be very attractive with very thin hair/bald.

*debonair*

Reaction score

so i went to the doctors and he recommended that i do the big 3 as well. I have my Propacia prescription just have to pick it up tomorrow. as for the others ill stop by the grocery. But hey thanks for everything though guys. as you know yourselves this whole process can bring down your confidence so little compliments like that definitely helps. thanks again

*debonair*

Reaction score

so i went to the pharmacy to pick up my propecia and sure enough they told me that its not covered by insurance and that it was gonna cost $84 i dont even know what to do now. i cant afford $84 a month.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Have you tried an internet pharmacy? they are normally cheaper

*debonair*

Reaction score
no i havent can i trust an online one? i mean im scared of something online hahah. like what if someone has cut the pills with something to mass produce it or something like that. do you know of one that i can trust to get? like one you have used before

Petchsky

Reaction score
alot of people here use inhouse pharmacy, but look around at threads recommending places to buy.