death

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
once again hairloss has fucked my evening up

was just down the pub with my friends and we went onto another bar afterwards. i went to order drinks and they told me to take my hat off

i left the room without saying goodbye and i had people like WTF come back. motherfuckers

i hate that sh*t

i hate hairloss

i hate wearing a f*****g HAT. i am a slave to my norwood

SE-freak

Reaction score
amrod, don't wear a hat man. So you are losing hair.
It's ok- you are treating it.

Wearing a hat makes you feel terrified of having to take it off. People probably know why you are wearing it so no point in hiding. It signals insecurity.You can wear a hat if you like to but not because you have to.

I am saying this as a friend, in no way do I degrade your concerns and frustration. I just think it would make things better.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
They should not have asked you to take your hat off.
Plenty of people wear hats in bars thesedays, so just tell the nosey knobs to mind their own business and you'll wear a hat if you want to.
You don't tell them what to wear so they have no business telling you.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Oh yes, completely agree with shavemypoodle. My comment was not on authority and compliance, was just a suggestion to lose the coverage as a necessity and make it a choice.

Britannia

Reaction score
When you start wearing a hat to cover up your hairloss, you will start to feel very insecure that everyone will realise that under your hat you have hairloss. You will set yourself on a downward spiral doing things like this. Try styling your hair the best you can, even try toppik if you think it will help and then concentrate on other things like your clothes and personal hygeine before you go out. Imagine how free you would feel going out with no hat and not worrying about what people think of your hair.

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
I wear a hat outdoors because my hair is very dry, so wind can really pick it up, revealing my hairline.
Indoors, however, I'm fine without a hat as my hair has not receded that much, and I wear it in a shag, drooped over my face.
I fear the end is drawing nigh, though :(

tu pac

Reaction score
just a suggestion

cut your a head on a 1 or 0 grow a realitivly thin chin strap,pic up some fasion specs,all the hommies do it and it looks fresh.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I used to wear hats, age 18-27, I would leave places if they asked me to take my hat off. One time, I was on a tour of the palace of westminster and the tourguide guy said I would have to take my hat off, and I couldn't leave.. Fortunately this was before my hair transplants, so it didn't look that bad then, I was 20.. I was so embarrassed though.

amrod said:
once again hairloss has fucked my evening up

was just down the pub with my friends and we went onto another bar afterwards. i went to order drinks and they told me to take my hat off

i left the room without saying goodbye and i had people like WTF come back. motherfuckers

i hate that $#iT

i hate hairloss

i hate wearing a f****ing HAT. i am a slave to my norwood

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Losing the hat is good advice. Sooner or later you have to take that thing off. As stated above, everyone knows why you're wearing it already. Same goes for the powder crap.