Dealing With Bed Head In The Morning

pubehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I wake up in the morning my system is a mess from all the moving around I do in my sleep. With normal hair I’d just wash my hair in the morning & re-style but I guess you’re not supposed to wash a system daily so what do you guys do to style that morning bed head?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I wake up in the morning my system is a mess from all the moving around I do in my sleep. With normal hair I’d just wash my hair in the morning & re-style but I guess you’re not supposed to wash a system daily so what do you guys do to style that morning bed head?

Rinsing everyday is fine..... Using shampoo everyday is not suggested.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
My understanding is that rinsing everyday weakens the bond, have you found that not to be the case for you?

Not at all in my case as I use a .03 poly. Water can't reach the bond.
Even with lace, a properly cured bond shouldn't be affected.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
@TooBad On .03 Skin Pieces: Nothing touches the hair from the base, right? You spray alcohol on the base, it doesn't hit the hair, right? Rip off tape, no hair removed, etc?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
@TooBad On .03 Skin Pieces: Nothing touches the hair from the base, right? You spray alcohol on the base, it doesn't hit the hair, right? Rip off tape, no hair removed, etc?
Correct...there's a few videos on YouTube showing how they make the thin skin systems. They basically Loop it through a piece of cured polyurethane. Then they brush on a second layer of polyurethane on the bottom so that is seals the base of the hair
"u-shaped" between the two layers of poly.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I have an all poly piece but it's not UTS.

Can't you get V Loops or Injected Hair w thin skin units ?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I have an all poly piece but it's not UTS.

Can't you get V Loops or Injected Hair w thin skin units ?
You can only get v-loop with .03

I believe when you go thicker with a .05 then you can get injected..

I think v loop would last longer than injected. There's some videos of doing injection also they just poke hair through, shave it off from underneath and then apply the poly over it.. The hair can break or be pulled out in an injected. On a V Loop if you have two inches of hair sticking out it... it would be a 4 inch are folded in half...and would have to be pulled two inches out of the base before it would come all the way out.....

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

@TooBad is correct. Rinsing everyday is fine..... Using shampoo everyday is not suggested.

I don't use any hair products or hairdryer and my 0.03 UTS system can last for more than eight months.
This is my old thread about how to deal with the morning bedhead (photos included)
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ine-touch-up-routines-photos-included.121079/

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
@TooBad is correct. Rinsing everyday is fine..... Using shampoo everyday is not suggested.

I don't use any hair products or hairdryer and my 0.03 UTS system can last for more than eight months.
This is my old thread about how to deal with the morning bedhead (photos included)
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ine-touch-up-routines-photos-included.121079/
Eight months is an awesome amount of time! I noticed you mentioned using hair gel ...got to be... as an adhesive. Of course you do not want to rinse your head when you're using that for your bond.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eight months is an awesome amount of time! I noticed you mentioned using hair gel ...got to be... as an adhesive. Of course you do not want to rinse your head when you're using that for your bond.

I use Got2B for bonding the hair system, not on the hair. I don't use hair gel or hair products for the hair system anymore unless it looks dry then I will apply a tiny bit of Caudalie Vinotherapie Divine Oil.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Got2B for bonding the hair system, not on the hair. I don't use hair gel or hair products for the hair system anymore unless it looks dry then I will apply a tiny bit of Caudalie Vinotherapie Divine Oil.
I know you're using it to bond the system, that's why I stated I would not wet my head in the shower either if I was using a hair gel in place of an adhesive.

I've had very good luck with pure organic jojoba oil on the hair.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you're using it to bond the system, that's why I stated I would not wet my head in the shower either if I was using a hair gel in place of an adhesive.

I've had very good luck with pure organic jojoba oil on the hair.

The price for organic jojoba oil is much cheaper than
Caudalie Vinotherapie Divine Oil. I should try that.
is this the one you use? AMAZON link

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/410ya7N7P-L.jpg
410ya7N7P-L.jpg

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191120-191859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-191859_Chrome.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 84

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are simple solutions to waking up with 'bed head' every morning. First of all, buy a silk or satin pillowcase - this will create less friction and therefore less movement and less static on your hair than with a cotton pillowcase. You can also try wrapping your hair in a silk or satin headscarf or durag to stop the hair getting so messed up as you sleep. If you have longer hair, tie it back in 2 ponytails using hair ties every couple of centimeters. You'll definitely notice a difference if you try these things, and your hair system will also last longer too. Good luck.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Here is my bed-head. I spray it down with distilled water - and then style as normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 161

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have really hate water here. I have noticed, if I avoid wetting my entire head when I shower, and use dislike water in my spray bottle, my hair feels and looks better.

when I visit friends, they have a water softener, and after a couple days using their water, y hair feels so ,icy better. So yea, the hard water really makes a difference I think.