Dead Skin build up or minoxidil (how to remove it)

sammy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im using 4ml of 5% minoxidil everyday but sence my hair has grown back there is a build up of dandruf which was easyer to remove with short hair now that my hair is long its causing issues... huge parts of dandruf that i have to wash out every morning and blow dry them out than use a fine comb to remove the rest fo the flakes....

I use nizoral twice weekly.

I find the only real way to remove the build up is with a comb but i loss hairs this way is there any thing else that can be done? i belive this will stop the minoxidil getting into the scalp if there is a build up?

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the buildup might be minoxidil-buildup, and not dandruff-buildup.

Why don’t you try the Rogaine foam?

IBM

Reaction score
I have that thing even before minoxidil. That's my main problem. Flaking white skin attached and when is removed come with hair attached.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
It's dandruff. I recommend some form of selsun blue, or nizoral if your scalp can handle it (mine can't).

sammy

Reaction score
Hi all,

i agree it feels more like minoxidil build up, as you know water does not remove minoxidil onced it is dried, not like gel or hair spray?? so dont know how to remove it...

Ill try nizoral 3 times week but i find my hair feels dry and i get alot of fall out when i use nizoral where if i do use shampoo just water on the day i get really no fall out?