Dead person to live person scalp transplants a reality?!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
CCS said:
uncomfortable man said:
I agree with amrod. After years of suffering from being bald, I can get over the idea of having a dead man's scalp w/ full hair grafted to my own head. Do they have to remove your existing scalp first? I would think so. I don't care, I just want this nightmare to end already.

Why not just do massive FUE over a time period, and then take the immuno suppressant drugs?
I don't have the best donor and I heard you can harvest more hairs with strip since it's cheaper that way. I also have to see how I respond to the meds, although I don't see myself loosing THAT much more hair from what I have left. Multiple procedures is also a frightening prospect with the strong possibility of running out of donor, having to resort to beard or body hair which everyone knows is a different texture altogether. And then of course there's the money issue, although I heard that WAMU issues loans for plastic surgery so it's not totally out of the option. I doubt that banks are giving out loans for this kind of thing in this economy though. hair transplant's become a riskier proposition the balder you become, but if at some point I am making enough money to fund such a venture then I would look into it in earnest.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't care about ethics, If I could get myself cloned I would take all the donor hair from the 'mini me' and then get the lil bald kid adopted.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
askas said:
person said:
I don't care about ethics, If I could get myself cloned I would take all the donor hair from the 'mini me' and then get the lil bald kid adopted.

I'm afraid your clone would have the same intentions :freaked2: .

Why afraid? If my clone wants to get cloned again good luck to him.

IBM

Reaction score
i love hair but not to the point of using hair from another person (puke mode).

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is this considered sick by some of you? I mean people transplant and donate organs all the time, if I needed a liver transplant then I'd like to find a liver even if it's from someone who just died. The only reason I won't do this is because I don't want the immune suppressing drugs.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
guy83 said:
Why is this considered sick by some of you? I mean people transplant and donate organs all the time, if I needed a liver transplant then I'd like to find a liver even if it's from someone who just died.
I don't think you can really compare these. Your body is not going to stop functioning, with death following soon after, from losing your hair. As opposed to losing those other life-sustaining organs.

Personally, I wouldn't do it(scalp transplant). There has got to be a better way than this.

mastery

Reaction score
Hmmm I would do it... probably...

Having said that - surely there cannot be enough donors? Not really sure what percentage of young people die but surely demand would outstrip supply by a long way.

Is a creepy thought... BUT ... I would consider it.

PS - yes is the Simpsons episode where "Snake" (the local criminal with wavy hair) has his hair transplanted onto Homer's head resulting in Homer taking on his personality...

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
mmm... I gotta say I don't really see the distinction.

If transplanting an organ is necessary for your quality of life.. it isn't gross? Yet wouldn't having a full head of hair improve your life? If your in fact someone who's bothered by hairloss?

Our organs are so similar I guess I just don't see much to be disgusted about here... It's not as if the dead need hair.

I doubt it will ever come to this though, Unless it's some underground Kevorkian chop shop.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Obama has already said that he plans to restore science to its rightful place again, IOW making scientific research a priority again. I'm relieved to hear that. Let's hope we can enjoy a few years of having full heads of hair again before the commet hits.