Day 1, see you in a few months

spiveslude

Reaction score
Started on finasteride .5mg yesterday. Fincar mixed with vodka in a measured oral syringe. I am about a nw2.5 but temples and quality of hairline has decreased over last 3-4 years(im 22). Ill update with before after pics in a few months. Peace!

spiveslude

Reaction score
10 ml for 1 pill so about 1 ml of 100 proof in the morning isnt gonna do anything but taste bad haha.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
so...why do you put it in vodka? is this an actual tip, or are you just an alcoholic? cool either way...

spiveslude

Reaction score
I am taking .5mg per day and I am using fincar for my finasteride so disolving it in vodka allows me to take a more accurate dose each day. 2 tbls spoons vodka, 1 pill, suck it into a oral syringe and take 1 ml a day. easy stuff.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
spiveslude said:
I am taking .5mg per day and I am using fincar for my finasteride so disolving it in vodka allows me to take a more accurate dose each day. 2 tbls spoons vodka, 1 pill, suck it into a oral syringe and take 1 ml a day. easy stuff.

interesting, that is probably much more efficient than me. i usually just cut it in 4's then cut one of the quarter in half so i have 5 of them. then i take 1 big, 1 small, and so on. sometimes when i am rushed, i even take a whole pill and just bite parts off!

i wonder if the efficiency really matters.

spiveslude

Reaction score
Apparently alot of ppl do this. It seems logical that you could easily achieve the desired dosage of finasteride while preserving its integrity in alcohol. You would also eliminate the risk of having more finasteride than you desire in your system at any point in time because of this dose accuracy. Probably not necessary but its not hard to do and it keeps me at ease not to mention keeps the cost of finasteride much much lower.

spiveslude

Reaction score
Nearly a month in and still nothing noticeable to report. I have been on nizoral 1% for about 2 months now and it has changed the texture of my hair slightly I believe but not really sure if its for the better. I shed about the same amount, longer thinner blonder hairs along with the shorter thinker darker hairs. Its hard to tell if I am shedding either type more than the other as my hair is about ear length all around. Unless I pull my hair back its very difficult to see if I have any hair loss at all. I'm thinking I keep the longer hair till things thicken up. Just as long as its not too windy Im ok haha.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
I started noticing an improvement around the 3-4 month mark.
Hang in there dude

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
How much longer will it take him to see results, since he's on .5? I'm starting out low too, but thinking of increasing my dosage soon.

spiveslude

Reaction score
Im actually thinking im going to increase my dosage to 1 mg since I am getting no side effects. I swear it feels like im losing more hair now. Guess Im on of those that sheds a little bit before it gets better. I just hope my fincar is real finasteride ha.

spiveslude

Reaction score
I figure this will eventually move to my story so Ill keep it updated but I just cut my 8 inch hair off and I can still spike the front with wax at a bout an inch and a half lengh, sorta faux hawk like. I forgot after a year how much better I look with shorter hair. Still Im about a Norwood 2.5 and nothing to say for nizoral or fincar yet. The girl who cut my hair did say she noticed some thinning after I mentioned it, other than that she didnt think I had lost anything which to me is good news. moved up to a little over .5mg a day probably closer to .8 just for the hell of it, no sides still. hoping for the best aka maintaining.

spiveslude

Reaction score
Month 2: seems like the last week or so hair has been thinning/shedding. I have to admit Ive been using styling products (wax) that don't help in keeping hair in as I have more than a few stick to my hand depending on if I use them before or after a shower. I'm pretty sure that my stuff is legit finasteride (fincar finasteride) as I occasionally get a feeling of blue balls maybe once a week for a min or 2. But this side is nothing to worry about as I see it. Cant say I've seen "results" yet but I remain optimistic since I haven't lost that much.

spiveslude

Reaction score
Approaching month 3 of finasteride and month 4 of 1% nizoral, I ended up impulsively buzzing my hair. I thought it looked good for a few days but now Im changing my mind. Im getting some serious itching and just gently rubbed my head over the sink and i swear it started raining, about 20-30 hairs fell out. Good news it made the itching stop lol. I can now see a clearly thinner area on either side of my hairline at the fringe of what remains of my temple velus hairs. I am really hoping this is fincar working but I cant help my skepticism. I may soon switch to proscar from somewhere local to put my mind at ease on the legitimacy of what I am taking.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
exactly what i did after 5 months. anyway shedding is good sign but you should look in the next months for regrowing thicker hair. do you still dissolve in vodka ?

spiveslude

Reaction score
well I noticed that If i have vodka in the house I just take it to parties on the weekend and drink it so I just split the pills into sixth with a sharp knife now haha.