Dark circles under eyes

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
did she mention that the circles may decrease with continued use of finasteride as your body adjusts?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unofortunately due to her not witnessing this side-effect she couldn't really say though she said girl's on eostrogen rich pills do not see this side-effect dimminish. Though nevertheless the dark circles may be due to a lack of dht as some studies some dht thickens the skin rather than eostrogen being responsible. Generally I am still confused by this side-effect but I will have to sacrifice this in order to keep my hair until HM arrives. It's promising news from RaginDemon though and yourself who says they are becoming less noticable. If I don't see an improvement after 6 months I may have to use this American bleaching cream.

Pondle

Reaction score
Dark circles are a poorly understood phenomenon with multiple potential causes - lack of sleep, sickness, fatigue, ageing, fat loss... there are some interesting references on PubMed. One of the notepads at makeupalley.com, which is a great resource for skincare info :blush: , advises tackling dark circles using a high PPD (that is, very UVA-protective) sunscreen 24/7, a bleaching cream with kojic acid, and vitamin C serums and/or retinoids (which can be irritating, so watch out). Make sure you only use the latter at night, and if you are going to use them, during your period of use always apply a sunscreen during the daytime.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard and read about models using haemorrhoid cream to reduce the appearance of bags and dark circles under eyes. Sounds kinda strange... but apparently it works too. I read a few posts on a thread on a medical forum of people who have used it as well. I wouldn't be game to try it though - sounded a bit sketchy.

Anyone here tried that?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive heard that it works too, BUT, there is supposedly a bad rebound effect if you use it continually i guess it can really damage the skin under there, its probably best to put the preparation H where its supposed to go.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and a good point was raised too that if it worked so well with no harmful or permanent side effects, there would be a brand you could buy with the same active ingredients, except that it would actually be marketed as a cosmetic cream for that purpose... not haemorrhoids.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
Unofortunately due to her not witnessing this side-effect she couldn't really say though she said girl's on eostrogen rich pills do not see this side-effect dimminish. Though nevertheless the dark circles may be due to a lack of dht as some studies some dht thickens the skin rather than eostrogen being responsible.

Wouldn't all women have dark circles then? What about that group of men who have no DHT? I think there's something else to it...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
cream with vit K can help reduce it.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon how long did it take for yours to go down?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
person said:
RaginDemon how long did it take for yours to go down?

I would say 3 months or so. It gradually went down.

Friends noticed that the bags got smaller and smaller and they thought I have been sleeping longer.

I think it has something to do with hormones and stress.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i agree i think stressing out can make it worse. Stick with propecia, itl go down, ride it out for another couple months, youll see.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
for dark circles, i've seen a big improvement by thickening the skin. i've had them my whole life, since grade 4. my mother and sister have them also. they've pretty much ruined my life, but fortunately now i'm winning the battle.

i have been using Collagen Building Serum by http://www.skinactives.com Skin Actives is the bomb, they sell do it yourself products and pre-made serums...and unlike the stuff you find in stores, they have actual good ingredients.

When I get some money I am going to add a lot more to this than just the serum. Including KGF, retin-A, GHK copper peptides (on days I'm nto using vitamin C derivatives) , coconut endosperm (containing kinetin), ascorbyl palmitate (on days I'm not using copper peptides), oat beta glucan, and I'm sure some other things when I spend some time to really think about it.

Also, very good idea to use lipids to stay in the skin, to decrease translucency.

If the dark circles are from puffiness, use Green Tea Extract with caffeine, it will not only thicken the skin via keratincocyte differentiation, but decrease the water retention w/ the caffine.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
yeah i agree i think stressing out can make it worse. Stick with propecia, itl go down, ride it out for another couple months, youll see.

Thank you, you and raginDemon give me a glimmer of hope that this side-effect will go away. But at the back of my mind I am still really upset. In a week I will have finished my third packet of Propecia tablets and I can't really see much of an improvement of the dark circles. I know RaginDemon said 3 and a half months but I would really appreciate everyoens imput on whether or not this side-effect will go away. Here is a study which states DHT is responsible for skin thickness in males:

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v124/ ... 2637a.html

I really would like to continue taking finasteride but sacrifice hair for premature aging; I am not so sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated because dermatologists no little on this subject. Taug said some german people taliked about this side-effect in great detail but he never got back to me.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So am i destined not to use finasteride then 'everybody and not just Mew?'

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
Dogs3 said:

Thank you, you and raginDemon give me a glimmer of hope that this side-effect will go away. But at the back of my mind I am still really upset. In a week I will have finished my third packet of Propecia tablets and I can't really see much of an improvement of the dark circles. I know RaginDemon said 3 and a half months but I would really appreciate everyoens imput on whether or not this side-effect will go away. Here is a study which states DHT is responsible for skin thickness in males:

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v124/ ... 2637a.html

I really would like to continue taking finasteride but sacrifice hair for premature aging; I am not so sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated because dermatologists no little on this subject. Taug said some german people taliked about this side-effect in great detail but he never got back to me.

Omfg I have had a bit to drink but am not drunk. I was talking to my mate in a night club and looked in the mirroe - I can't deny this any longer - I can feel the bone under my eye and even with concealer I can see the dark circles and wrinkles under my eyes. Before users such as Bukka? and Pondle say I am paranoid - a friend of mine stated months ago that it looked like I have been punched in the eyes. I am extremely saddened by this whole experience. Tomorrow is the day I quit propecia and foam (after three months saw no regrowth on my temples). I have decided that premature ageing is more detrimental than having a full head of hair as there are always concelaers, hair transplant, HM (hopefully ASAP) and wigs. It's really so poingnant. I lost this beautiful girl I was making love to - she was so beautiful - It brings a tear to my eye each time I think of how happy I was. When I lost her I jumped on big 3, actually got with her again for a one off (maybe she saw my hollow eyes and was turned off). Jesus life is bad for me right now. I can't believe this unusual side-effect has caused me to quit my regimen. My hair, despite the recession looked amazing after being washed with Aveda pure abundance.
I have ordered Eucapil and Revivogen as a last desperate attempt to protect my remianing strands at 18 years old. I know people like Jayman are going to say things like: 'enjoy going bald.' Believe me I will certainly not enjoy my trasnformation but I have made my decision that DHT does alter skin thickness in a certain percetange of males. What I am more concerned about is that revivogen will come in the next 5 til 10 days (f*** knows when eucapil will come) so I am going to have a possible period of 10 days without a regimen - so I will porbably experience a massive shed from not taking propecia. I have tablets until thursday - I suppose if I was to be logical I would take them at least until revivogen comes but quite frankly I don't want to starve my skin of DHT no longer. I am honestly shocked by Merk not reporting this as a side-effect when users such as Taug have reported loads of people in german forums giving intellectual reasons why this occurs - plus if you browse the side effects forum, this issue has actually been brought up many times.
If you are still reading my thread then you must be very patient ha ha. I would also add that I have pulled very beautiful girls in the past and have the sort of good looks as Jude Law - I'm not saying I look like him but I am saying having a tuff of hair at the front suits me rather than shaving. So the plan is now henceforth - keep my horseshoe trimed and keep it nice and neat. Just grow out my forlock before it compeltely gets destroyed by DHT - this will porbably be in a few months sine I am getting of finasteride and min suddenly as of tonight. Keep using nizoral and use eucapil in the morning and revivogen at night (or vice versa depending on how my hair feels with them in ... how long do they both take to dry?) I porbably will buy the lasercomb soon as well. Just to let you guys know I honestly do not think the lasercomb, revivogen or eucapil will benefit me whatsoever - I simply have no other option and must put faith in these alternitives. On a last note I am not going to top myself or say my lfie is not worth living - I am a survivor - even though the love of my life seems disinterested in me (if I saw her again i reckon I have a 60% chance of seducing her again) I still have the urge to survive. I am turnign 19 soon and will soon go to uni and do my degree. Because of my young age I don't know when Armani will give me a transplant. I honestly would rather get one young and have two / three years of my life will amazing density - after this .. i could always re-position the transplanted hair. My future looks also to toppik and hopefully one can pray - HM. I am depressed knowing my hair is going to fade away as of tomorrow but I feel quiting due to this side is the right thing to do and I suppose I coudl always wear a wig - CCS seems to think this company toplace is good - hey why not. I sometimes really feel like god hates me though. There is so much injustice in this world - why do some people have it easy while some suffer?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear, good luck man. But i think maybe you should drop the foam first and maybe stick with propecia... I HIGHLY doubt propecia is causing these side effects, it just doesnt happen. However, if you are really concerned and dont think its worth it thats your call.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But look at that study I posted plus all the users who say they got dark circles after starting propecia. Hormone imbalence has caused this, I don't see how foam could cause such a side-effect.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, i dont know, i guess every drug effects everyone differently. I no longer get any sides at all from propecia and its definitely helping now that im at month 4 1/2. I used to seem to get dark circled but i dont know, maybe my body just adjusted. Now that i added minoxidil for an extra boost to the hairline im kinda paranoid about that because much more people complain about getting bags/ water retention from minoxidil than propecia.
But anyway, maybe stop propecia and then keep on minoxidil and see if they go away. Keep in mind that if they dont go away dont be so quick to keep blaming propecia because once you stop it it gets out of your system very quickly, i think like a week or two at most. This way itl help you rule things out. Keep us posted.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
But anyway, maybe stop propecia and then keep on minoxidil and see if they go away.

Yeah, I agree... or maybe the other way around.