Dario's story - (Age 21, Hairloss with pics)

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Well didn't you already think you were?

Yes.

Obsidian said:
Besides what happened to you being positive a few days ago?

I'm still am...but not about my hair :)
I think it will be gone in a year or two.

Obsidian said:
You are fighting and you're doing what you can. Don't look in the mirror everyday looking for every little imperfection although you sound like you have BDD so that might be hard to do.

I agree with you here, especially about BDD. But it's impossible not to observe your self in the mirror. Especially, these everyday treatments request that from you.
All the time you have some expectations that they will work, so you give a check every day when you're using them.
I must admit, by constantly visiting these boards and using all these treatments I became obsessed with hair.

Obsidian said:
Just right now I combed my hair forward for the first time in a while after rocking the combover for so long and I can honestly tell you my hair looked thinner and had less volume than yours and I am only on Finasteride with Nizoral right now. To be honest, you look good with a shaved head and if you kept that short haircut, I would not think you are balding.

Thanks for your kind words...
I guess we are all speaking subjective when we are describing ourself.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I doubt you will be bald in a year, unless you have extreme male pattern baldness which I doubt you do, very few of us do then I doubt you will.
EDIT: These treatments don't say look in the mirror everyday for regrowth, at earliest Propecia says a year for real results and two years for max results. You can only go month by month. I won't make another judgment call on my hair 'till mid August as it will be two months since starting Propecia but even then I do not think I am an early responder and plus it all depends on what your definition on 'success' is. Success for me is not getting back my teenage volume and density, those days are sadly long gone, but if it can repair just some of the major diffuse thinning and thicken up my hair just a little bit, to where I can look in the mirror and say 'it looks good' then that is awesome, my main goal man is to maintain. You may not think this but Propecia is probably helping you maintain. Remember it is no 'miracle drug' these are only temporary fixes as male pattern baldness is forever.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
EDIT: These treatments don't say look in the mirror everyday for regrowth, at earliest Propecia says a year for real results and two years for max results.

I know that. I was just saying that somehow you always expect to see some results...no matter how small they are.

Obsidian said:
You can only go month by month. I won't make another judgment call on my hair 'till mid August as it will be two months since starting Propecia but even then I do not think I am an early responder and plus it all depends on what your definition on 'success' is. Success for me is not getting back my teenage volume and density, those days are sadly long gone, but if it can repair just some of the major diffuse thinning and thicken up my hair just a little bit, to where I can look in the mirror and say 'it looks good' then that is awesome, my main goal man is to maintain. You may not think this but Propecia is probably helping you maintain. Remember it is no 'miracle drug' these are only temporary fixes as male pattern baldness is forever.

I don't think that I got any better with Propecia, maybe the situation is even worst...so my expectations were not high. I toughed...if I can reverse the process for one year I would be amazed!

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
I´ve started to see slight improvement after +6 months.
Month 4-5 where bizarro. I´ve not really had noticable thinning before, but by month 4 I felt like norwood<whatever high number>. Now its atlaest back to baseline or something.

So, give it time. I lot of people see no improvement prior to the 1 year mark.

Personally, it seems it might help redevelope a problem I had in my teens, so theres a possibility I might have to quit anyway. :gay:

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

it's been about 2 years since my last post here, so I decided to post couple of pics.
Basically the big 3 haven't worked much for me...I think they slowed the process a bit.
I didn't noticed any side effects while on finasteride.

So enough of me talking here are the pics:
00002o.jpg

Not bad...
00004d.jpg

hmmm...is he going bald?
00001om.jpg

Ufff....now that's bald.

Impressed? :D
Anyway, I'm thinking either to quit treatments and let it all fall off, or try something else, but don't know what. I doubt that I will respond well on any treatment currently available on the market.

Good luck!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
after 2 years...is not so good...i was expecting to see at least what u had...but in the crown seems thinner...I think there's no other treatment...maybe dudasteride...but i doubt that can do much more...if finasteride has done nothing...

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really sure...since the last photo was taken under very bright light unlike the ones I have posted 2 years ago.