Dandruff and Stress!! is there a link?

need_hair04

Reaction score
I'm noticing something weird about my occasional outburst of dandruff and Sebborea... Currently I'm in University and under an immence amount of stress with exams and life in general.

About a week ago I went through 7 days of insane exams, I didnt eat right, sleep much, and generally didnt give a sh*t for the whole time. Anywya what I noticed was that during this period although I was still using Nizoral frequently my scalp was insanely itchy and flaky as hell behond belief. I was also shedding alot where i noticed that the hairs had flakes of skin attached to them really nasty sh*t.

After this period past and everything returned to normal my dandruff came back to moderade like it always has been!

Could there be an obvious link between this stressfull period and dandruff or just a coincidence???

BenSam

Reaction score
need_hair04 said:
I'm noticing something weird about my occasional outburst of dandruff and Sebborea... Currently I'm in University and under an immence amount of stress with exams and life in general.

About a week ago I went through 7 days of insane exams, I didnt eat right, sleep much, and generally didnt give a sh*t for the whole time. Anywya what I noticed was that during this period although I was still using Nizoral frequently my scalp was insanely itchy and flaky as hell behond belief. I was also shedding alot where i noticed that the hairs had flakes of skin attached to them really nasty sh*t.

After this period past and everything returned to normal my dandruff came back to moderade like it always has been!

Could there be an obvious link between this stressfull period and dandruff or just a coincidence???

I have same similar shedding....root of the hairs have flakes of skin attached to them

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
need_hair04 said:

listen,
stress can cause your dandruff to get worse, which may in fact lead to some hair loss, which so as ive been told is temporary. However...
coming from a person who has been through that "stressful exam week" of school and has been to the complete other end of constant anxiety attacks i can tell you from firsthand experience that the stress you are experiencing is most likely not the stress that would cause hair loss.

need_hair04

Reaction score
ya true this probably isnt causing hairloss... I've had bad dandruff problems pretty much for the past 6-7 years, just notice it alot more in university with the added stress and what not.

I didnt meant that the shedding with skin attached to the roots was directly caused by the dandruff, but trust me it MUST have its influence. I still have lots of hair with no pattern baldness... these hairs that do shed are very healthy but nonetheless i am losing noticeibly alot less that 100 hairs per day.

Just trying to figure out if there is a way to control this because I am ASSUMING that just because I have bad dandruff doesnt mean I am actually going bald!!

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, spring is here. Welcome to the spring shed :)

Someone posted in this forum a couple weeks ago about how we will start seeing more peope complaning about shedding in the next month due to an expected seasonal shed.