damn guys....

GeminiX

Reaction score
Yup, it certainly does.

Try to keep perspective and focus on the positive things you have going on. It's not always easy (perspective is different for us all) but try to not let it get you down.

edit: Re-reading my response and it seems patronising; that was not the intent :)

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
it's just that knowing you're not physically attractive sucks really much....

i mean yea it sucks less than starving somewhere or being at war etc. but whatever

GeminiX

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean.

I think I've always been aware that I'm not physically attractive, and as such I've managed to find other ways to compensate for that, even if at the time it was not always a concious behaviour.

As I got older and spent more time "in my own head", I found I was reading people and how they behaved in social situations. It's amazing how people interact and how confidence comes from far more than just physical attributes.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It would be one thing if I could pull off that Roman look but I have a baby face haha and girls love the way I look with long hair. I mean I won't say I would let it ruin my life but my life would be a great deal happier were I not worrying about losing my hair.

Both sides of my family have great hair and the only one who's balding is my Dad...and me now if I don't stop it in time :(.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sounds like this guy understands. Welcome MuHu.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain muhu. Having a physical deformity ruins your life at many levels. I'm just stayin on treatments and hoping some whiz kid figures this out someday.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there's many people who look good with a shaved (without the remnant hair) head. It speaks confidence.

Of course that doesn't mean I'm not trying to get all my hair back!

CCS

Reaction score
muhu said:
not having a full head of hair sucks so much :(

If you are a college student, you got to try not looking at it as a steeper uphill batter to get women, or comparing yourself to other guys. Instead, look at it this way: you can be a baldy with a good career, or you can be a baldy flipping burgers. Pick the former, and enjoy your studies.

CCS

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
It's amazing how people interact and how confidence comes from far more than just physical attributes.

Yep, if you have a high income/ low stress/ easy life or high status job, you will be much more confident. Looks are not the only source. Basically, if you know you can go have fun any way you want besides sex, then you won't feel nearly as needy towards women, and they will sense that too. Yes, you want to be completed and all, but if you get shot down, you can always afford to treat yourself to a movie or whatever so you won't be nearly as sad as the burger flipper.