Damn Guys.. 1 Year On Finesteride And Getting Worse

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn guys
Ok so in the last month I stopped using minoxidil foam because I finished my bottles and dodnt recieve the new ones yet.

But I keep taking Finesteride for a year since September 2018.

Things starting to get worse in the last 2 months idk why..
Right temples getting so thin.. I mean really guys.. you can see the hair line that is in the side and it's getting worse and rose every day.

Wtf is it?
I'm using propecia for a year . I wanted to get a regrowth and I knew it's not going to happen for 100%. But I wanted to keep my current hair and you told me it's possible. But it's getting worse.. is my balding genes are so strong that they actually win finesteride?

Maybe it's because I stopped the minoxidill in the last month?

Thanks.

I meani I'm NW2 and I planned on moving back to nw1.5 or at least staying at nw2.. but now I'm scared I'm advancing towards Norwood 2.5 with this major receding and thinning at the corners.. wtf is happening..
Do I still have hope?

Right temple which suddenly started to get thinner and thinner:
20190910_202659.jpg

20190910_202621.jpg

20190910_201944.jpg

And this is the left temple (which was the bad one when I started but now he's the better one by far)

20190910_202602.jpg

Last edited:

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Maybe it's because I stopped the minoxidill in the last month?"

View attachment 127941

Yeah but comon.. dont be like that.
I'm still using the finesteride which is the most important in this treatment. Minoxidill shouldn't have such an effect.
Do you really think it's because of minoxidill? So basically what you are saying is that finesteride is useless without minoxidill? I dont think so

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but comon.. dont be like that.
I'm still using the finesteride which is the most important in this treatment. Minoxidill shouldn't have such an effect.
Do you really think it's because of minoxidill? So basically what you are saying is that finesteride is useless without minoxidill? I dont think so

For how long did you only use Minoxidil?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your age an family history?

Minoxidil works in a completely different way than finasteride. Virtually any gains you get from minoxidil could potentially go away once min is taken away. It usually takes about 2 weeks to have that start to take effect.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your age an family history?

Minoxidil works in a completely different way than finasteride. Virtually any gains you get from minoxidil could potentially go away once min is taken away. It usually takes about 2 weeks to have that start to take effect.

What is my age? 23
Started to see my temples already when I was 20. 21 was noticeable to all (nw1.5)

And started the treatment at 22.
My dad has a full head of curly thick hair, his brother the same but started to thin now (when he's 40) but not to recceed.
My dad's dad is bald since his 30.
My mom's brother also lost hair since early 20's. And his dad also.

Yeah but I do take finesteride .. so why the minoxidill has so much effect?

For how long did you only use Minoxidil?

I used ONLY minoxidil for 3 months and then added finesteride. It was a year ago.
Since the I use minoxidill and finetsire together and stopped with the minoxidill and month ago

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Min and finasteride do different things; they are two parts of a whole with mutually exclusive components and limited synergy. If you stop taking one of them you lose their half of the equation.

Temple hair is always more delicate than the rest and is exponentially affected by miniaturization. They were probably so miniaturized by the time you got on finasteride that they needed what Min does just to hold structural integrity. Without the Min, the follicle could no longer support the hair.

Start Min again and they should return provided this final shed wasn’t their swan song.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Min and finasteride do different things; they are two parts of a whole with mutually exclusive components and limited synergy. If you stop taking one of them you lose their half of the equation.

Temple hair is always more delicate than the rest and is exponentially affected by miniaturization. They were probably so miniaturized by the time you got on finasteride that they needed what Min does just to hold structural integrity. Without the Min, the follicle could no longer support the hair.

Start Min again and they should return provided this final shed wasn’t their swan song.

But that's what exactly does finesteride?
Holding the follicles ..avoiding hair loss by reducing the protein

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that's what exactly does finesteride?
Holding the follicles ..avoiding hair loss by reducing the protein
I agree with what the poster you're responding to said. What you are saying is wrong.

Last edited: