Damn...don´t have the guts to swallow that dutasteride

Texx

Reaction score
Just bought my first pack of avodart after being on finasteride for 7 years...

because of that:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=32649

and now i can´t get these side effect figures from http://www.dutasteride.com out of my head.
Impotence 6% in first year...
Gynecomastia over 2% in total...

Is it worth taking the risk of growing tits and having a bad sex life for possibly having a little more hair?
It´s understood that nobody can answer that question for me...
Thinking about to give finasteride a chance for another 3 or 4 month and see if it was just a shed since i have no sides from it.
...and finally add minoxidil.
Or go for dutasteride? Damn... :?

demo99

Reaction score
it's your decision.

If finasteride did work, I would stay with them.

I don't know the status of your hairs. You should consider that you move in the fog of uncertainness with dutasteride.

best regards

demo99

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont be a pussy just take it

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Being so afraid of it, i am preety sure that if you swallow it after all you are going to get some psycological sides for sure.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
Being so afraid of it, i am preety sure that if you swallow it after all you are going to get some psycological sides for sure.
haha
that's just true

Texx

Reaction score

...took my first two pills and can feel the impotence coming already
:(
...much truth to what you say

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well just to let you know i dont have any sides and you shouldnt either

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
I think no self-respecting doctor (oxymoron or redundancy, I don't know) could even remotely dispense dutasteride for hair-loss treatment. It's very rare that one would find a doctor willing to write that Rx.

It should be said that dutasteride is a last hope type drug. If you feel there is absolutely nothing beyond finasteride, then it's a total gamble as far as health concerns go. You should question it's longer term health risks (if there are any) as not a person alive knows what they entail.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
I wouldn't touch dutasteride unless I was done having kids. Not a chance.
i will definatlly stop it enough time before ill want to have kids
but that will be a very long time from now so i dont have to worry about it

G

Cassin said:
roki said:
Cassin said:
I wouldn't touch dutasteride unless I was done having kids. Not a chance.
i will definatlly stop it enough time before ill want to have kids
but that will be a very long time from now so i dont have to wotty about it

Sometimes having a kid is not planned.

If you don't want to have a kid, the guy should be using a condom, and the girl should be on birth control. That's like 99.99% effective so basically no chance of having an unplanned pregnancy.

Felk

Reaction score
dutasteride does weird stuff to me. I've been slack as anything and not bothered to post and find out a treatment for gyno.

It gives me nipple/breast pain, and swollen nipples. Not noticeable really, yet, though the left one sometimes is. This happened to a degree with finasteride as well

I get the abdomenal pain i've heard about sometimes, and a bloated feeling which makes me need to burp constantly. This happened to a degree with finasteride as well

I don't know if it's the dutasteride, but since taking it I've been sleeping more and a deeper sleep, though even if i sleep 10 hours i sometimes feel tired still. I remember someone posting this happening to them, along with aplunk posting about it making him dream more, which is the case for me also.

No issues with my dong functioning properly.

Tau Fat

Reaction score
Try a Combo attack

I took finasteride for about 7-8 years and then the effects on the hair decreased. Don't forget finasteride never stops working its just that after giving you an initial growth burst, over time it acts more to keep you ahead (way ahead) of your natural loss curve than grow more hair.

I wrestled with the dutasteride idea for a while and was nervous about it, but in the end I realized that to many guys (including me and many on this board) feeling that your hair is OK or holding well makes life a HELL of a lot better. Since some people jump out of planes to be happy or join dangerous jobs such as fire/police, I say go for a little risk to be happy it if that is what you want. Also to be fair don't forget all the people taking dutasteride at 5 times the hair dose for their prostate for the last 5 years or so. No major meltdowns yet that have come to light.

So I switched to dutasteride 0.5 per day for four months and it worked great, but sides kicked in (sucked!!)

I recommend a compromise that eventually worked for me (even though I can't explain why). It took me a long time to find the best way for me. dutasteride 0.5 every third day was quite good for two years, but I found something a little better that gave me the best effect on hair (mainly thickness and weight rather than actually a lot more hairs). That method is a combo attack.

I liked finasteride because it had no sides for me. dutasteride worked great but at 0.5 per day caused me hormone tinkering sides (BAD: bloating , flushing- no boobs and GOOD: hornier and stronger in the gym -bench from 285 to 315 in a month).

So now I do finasteride 1.25 a day for old times sake and cause it works to some degree and one dutasteride 2 or 3 times a week as a booster. That is like finasteride 1.25 per day and dutasteride apprx 0.2 mg per day (on average). A combo attack.

For those who say it makes no sense as the two meds do the same in effect, I say that having taken them they metabolize differently and do slightly different things to hormones as well as DHT (and the obvious fact that dutasteride blocks the other form of DHT). Anyway, lets be real, there are very few definite answers yet and who would have guessed that dutasteride would make me stronger and hornier (TEST boost most likely). What is nice is that the finasteride dose seems to counteract (for me) some of the dutasteride bad sides as well and the dutasteride counters any finasteride neg sex effects.

I have no idea why, but perhaps finasteride's tinkering with hormones and dutasteride's are different and they offset each other. Last point, you won't know till you try yourself how anything works for you. With all due respect to the pundits and predictors, unless you have done it all (finasteride, dutasteride every day, dutasteride every other day, finasteride + dutasteride) you can never accurately guess the results for yourself. I figure better to tinker a little with these things that WORK than to sprinkle ten different peptides and dung extracts in a paste of arginine and ground up dutasteride pills on your mellon at night.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think no self-respecting doctor (oxymoron or redundancy, I don't know) could even remotely dispense dutasteride for hair-loss treatment. It's very rare that one would find a doctor willing to write that Rx.

It should be said that dutasteride is a last hope type drug. If you feel there is absolutely nothing beyond finasteride, then it's a total gamble as far as health concerns go. You should question it's longer term health risks (if there are any) as not a person alive knows what they entail.

Hey idiot finasteride hasn't been around for 50 years either.