Damien's Story! [update]

IWishIWasBald

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, 21 years old, turning 22 soon!, balding since, 2 years maybe!
Wanted to ask you guys few questions, how bad my hair is!? what norwood am I? is it possible to tell how much it'll progress!?

I was on Alpecin Shampoo and liqued, for a lot of time (6 month), but I stopped when I went to a doctor who advised me some shampoo, (FOLTENE PHARMA SEBUM REGULATING SHAMPOO), it has nothing to do with hair loss, he told me that I've some kind of eczema and that it's the reason I'm losing hair, he was wrong, because I checked in a professional clinic and they made tests and everything and told me my scalp is healthy and eczema free, but it's sensitive, I used that shampoo for 4 month!

The problem is that sometimes I feel like it was a mistake stopping Alpecin because I felt like it helped and stopped my hair loss, at the same time, I don't know if my hair got worse because I stopped it, or it was going to get worse anyway with time even if I continued using it!

Now, I don't wanna use propecia, I may use Regain, and I like the ideas of shampoos, like nizoral, I wanted to ask you guys about what do you think of Tricomin and Revivogen!

I was thinking of a regime of, Alpecin (shampoo only) 5 days a week, and Nizoral twice a week and maybe add Regain (I'm already using alpecin shampoo since new year and skin and hair vitamins from vitabiotics, I know that both are not going to help much...)

Anyway these are my pictures, would appreciate some help!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imbalding

Reaction score
Re: Damien's Story!

your nw2, but clearly developing a bald spot and diffuse thinning right down the middle.
If your only 21 then its looking like its agressive espiecally if thats happend in 2 years, you need to hit it hard and dont waste time.

its a shame you dont want propecia it can do great things for your type of hairloss.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score

Finasteride is designed for guys like you. Your hairline is still good, and finasteride works great in loads of cases of crown loss/ diffuse thinning.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score

Shampoos will never get you any regrowth either and I seriously doubt they're very good at halting hair loss. Your best bets are finasteride and minoxidil- don't waste time with shampoos because you're in a decent position to get good results with proven to work meds but might not be when you realise shampoos aren't doing you any good.

IWishIWasBald

Reaction score

Is there a chance that it'll stop by it self!?
Is there a chance that it'll stop at some point!? I mean norwood 3 or 4?
I know it's a silly questions, but I would love to have some hair to buzz it!

imbalding

Reaction score

I dont want to ruin your day, but nope it wont stop till your bald. like us all on here its a one way ticket.

now its upto you if you want to attempt to regrow some hair or save what you have. The faster you act the better.

you will need a good dht blocker, be it propecia or something else.

and/or s regrowth stimulant like minoxidil could help you aswell. You could even just start this on its own. I'm sure you will see some regrowth as I can see you still of plenty of active hair folicles about.

IWishIWasBald

Reaction score

imbalding said:
\.

Thanks a lot for your reply, huh, you made me laugh at least, and trust me it's a very bad day!

Or something else!?
What dht blockers is there!?

imbalding

Reaction score

heres some examples, I dont really know much about them I only use finasteride myself. Maybe someone with a little more experience could point you in the right direction if you do want a start some DHT blocking or the more correct name anti-androgen.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52575
also try viewing the anti-androgen section of this forum.

my first day of realising hairloss was bad aswell its sucks pal.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score

imbalding said:
I dont want to ruin your day, but nope it wont stop till your bald. like us all on here its a one way ticket.

now its upto you if you want to attempt to regrow some hair or save what you have. The faster you act the better.

and/or s regrowth stimulant like minoxidil could help you aswell. You could even just start this on its own. I'm sure you will see some regrowth as I can see you still of plenty of active hair folicles about.

This is completely incorrect. Not everybody who experiences hair loss goes completely bald. There is every chance it will stop at any point whatsoever but there's no use in just hoping that yours will.

A good way to look at different hair loss patterns is through old men. The majority of balding cases happen during the late 20s, and very few men continue to lose hair past forty/ fifty, so the vast majority of men this age you see with some hair loss will not be losing hair, but will have lost what they'll ever lose. You see loads with bald spots, norwood 3 hairlines, isolated forelocks etc- they're not all completely bald.

imbalding

Reaction score

fair enough! but I know that. I dont think it applies to us young lads with a faster hairloss well most of us and thats who i'm trying to help here.
my post is misworded and generalises, when infact im talking about a specific type of loss and age group.
it takes my family 6-8 years at a guess from nw2 to slick theres no stopping for me by the looks of it.

a better way to look at your specific pattern is to:

take a look at your family, do you have bald uncles? dad? grandad?. can you find out the age they went bald and what Norwood patterns are they.
this could give you a rough idea on how you will end up its not entirely accurate, but hairloss is hereditory like in my family all my uncles and cousins who have lost or are losing there hair all have the same pattern of baldness and started balding around the same ages.

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't call it aggressive at all, I wouldn't be able to tell off the bat that you're balding. I'd just look into Propecia if I were you, most of the time it's not as bad as advertised.

IWishIWasBald

Reaction score

Hi guys, I decided I'll take this stuff but still need some help!

#1, Kenazole Shampoo (made in Jordan) once per week (contains Ketoconazole 20mg/1gm... 2% ketoconazole)

In active Ingredients:

Kenazole® shampoo:

Sodium lauryl Ether Sulfate, Disodium Laureth sulfosuccinate, Cocamide Diethanolamide Imidazolidinyl Urea , Cosmina perfume, Sodium chloride, FDC Red 4, Purified water.

So should I use this, or better to get Nizoral !?
Is it good to use this once per week.. or should do more or less?

#2 Minoxidil, I'll get it from Germany, so I think they have only regaine there!?
what do you think I should get, foam or liquid? do regaine have foam by the way?

#3 Alpecin c1 shanmpoo + double effect shampoo, one day C1, other double effect! I'll just switch between the two

I know alpecin is not loved here, I know it's maybe not helping alot or even a little, but I believe in them

I was wondering, can I use alpecin and monoxidil?
When I use keto once per week, let's say friday, should I use alpecin after it, or I should Not use alpecin at the day I'll use Keto!?

I know alot of question, but pllease I need an answer!

Reaction score
As long as its 2% Ket surely it's as good as Nizoral? Best way to find out if you need to use another shampoo after the keto shampoo is to give it a try. I can tell you that Nizoral turns my hair to straw so I use it three times a week at night and wash my hair again with a different shampoo in the morning. No idea about how often we should be using nizoral to make it effective, could be twice a day for all I know but alot of people seem to use it three times a week (as per instructions I guess), I'd use it more but don't want to risk what guys call keto burn, though some guys have no problem with this - maybe just down to hair type and scalp sensitivity. Well done for taking the first step and good luck :)

germanguy

Reaction score

IWishIWasBald said:
#2 Minoxidil, I'll get it from Germany, so I think they have only regaine there!?
what do you think I should get, foam or liquid? do regaine have foam by the way?

you can buy Kirkland minoxidil from Biovea.com.de it is the cheapest place for Minoxidil in Germany.

you can use the foam in the morning and the liquid before you go to bed .