Daily Wearer. Five Weeks In And Wearing A System Couldn't Be Easier. [pics]

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville, I coloured my system last night and I'm satisfied with the result. The hair went from dirty blonde to light brown. Still a little lighter than my temple bio hair but the contrast isn't nearly as striking .

I had to colour the unit twice because I was being very cautious the first time around. I kept the product in for 15 minutes the first time and another 15 minutes the second time. Considering that I washed and conditioned the system both times as well, afterwards the hair wasn't as dry/damaged as I thought it would be. In fact, after I used some Chi Argan Oil leave-in, the unit is looking as good as ever.

The lace didn't take any colour even though I wasn't being overly careful with the application.

I used Goldwell Colorance BP6 and went with their weakest oxidant which contains 1% peroxide.

I still have a lot left over so I'll definitely be using it again in the future when the need arises.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville, I coloured my system last night and I'm satisfied with the result. The hair went from dirty blonde to light brown. Still a little lighter than my temple bio hair but the contrast isn't nearly as striking .

I had to colour the unit twice because I was being very cautious the first time around. I kept the product in for 15 minutes the first time and another 15 minutes the second time. Considering that I washed and conditioned the system both times as well, afterwards the hair wasn't as dry/damaged as I thought it would be. In fact, after I used some Chi Argan Oil leave-in, the unit is looking as good as ever.

The lace didn't take any colour even though I wasn't being overly careful with the application.

I used Goldwell Colorance BP6 and went with their weakest oxidant which contains 1% peroxide.

I still have a lot left over so I'll definitely be using it again in the future when the need arises.

I don't think the lace takes color. I dyed my blonde-*** unit to brown w a semi that sounds like I've heard: apply by hand, to recently washed, and towel-dried, hair.

These products are more the same than different.

I did about 5 min on recently washed hair on my first trial, and the unit was decidedly darker. I rinsed - not shampoo'd - the sh*t out and re-did for 10+ min, nothing close to 20 min, and had great results. Cheers.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I don't think the lace takes color. I dyed my blonde-*** unit to brown w a semi that sounds like I've heard: apply by hand, to recently washed, and towel-dried, hair.

These products are more the same than different.

I did about 5 min on recently washed hair on my first trial, and the unit was decidedly darker. I rinsed - not shampoo'd - the sh*t out and re-did for 10+ min, nothing close to 20 min, and had great results. Cheers.
Shouldn't you comb the dye through the hair? Is just putting it on with hand enough? I've always combed my coloring conditioner through the hair with a thick comb.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update I did dye my lace entirely. I was so overwhelmed w the results I didnt realize to later I have no scalp showing. My unit looks so much denser.

Hoping the color shampoos out the lace!

Imagine if I'd done this to an ultra high-end unit...Still pissed but hopeful. This was an entirely new unit from Lord which I love.

UPDATE: It washed out :p

Last edited:

Thesmeesh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow dude, it looks so good! Really happy for you.

Just wondering, had you tried keeping it on for training? I box too (unsure if you're sparring was for boxing, mma, etc) - and have been wondering if it's worthwhile trying to train with it.

I rarely spar anymore, so it would just be for generic training.

Thanks man.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouldn't you comb the dye through the hair? Is just putting it on with hand enough? I've always combed my coloring conditioner through the hair with a thick comb.

I used a fine tooth comb to apply the dye.

Wow dude, it looks so good! Really happy for you.

Just wondering, had you tried keeping it on for training? I box too (unsure if you're sparring was for boxing, mma, etc) - and have been wondering if it's worthwhile trying to train with it.

I rarely spar anymore, so it would just be for generic training.

Thanks man.

I keep it on for all physical activity (gym, cycling, sex) except for sparring (mainly boxing but some grappling as well) because I don't wear a helmet and take a lot of pretty hard head shots when my guard is up. I don't want the system to get destroyed prematurely.