Daily wear options with French lace or hybrid base.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Daily wear tapes: Walker Natural Hold for all bases,Walker 1522 or Walker Sensi Tak or Walker Signature Sensi Tak Select for hybrid and poly bases. I think the last two tapes are pretty similar. And would be the clean up be very easy and minimal with the last 2 tapes?

How secure would Got2B glued normal yellow tube and the black ultra tube be on either lace or hybrid/poly base?
Would it withstand sweating,windy days and styling? Or is it going to peel off or worse fly off my head?

Would Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector be useful before either Got2B glued as well?

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
1522 and Vapon Topstick are good daily tapes. Should come right off with isopropyl alcohol. I think you will be very disappointed with Got2B .. but you can always try it. Usually better to find a basic glue that isn't super strong and just experiment with the very minimum amount it takes to stick the piece long enough.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
1522 and Vapon Topstick are good daily tapes. Should come right off with isopropyl alcohol. I think you will be very disappointed with Got2B .. but you can always try it. Usually better to find a basic glue that isn't super strong and just experiment with the very minimum amount it takes to stick the piece long enough.
I'm allergic to that Vapon tape. And I tried 1522 and it's incredibly weak. Like the hair system would lift if a t-shirt is pulled over my head. Hybrid/poly base only too. It won't even stick on lace.

Walker Signature Sensi Tak Select(very similar to the normal Walker Sensi Tak) I'm going for which is very low residue.
However its only suitable on a hybrid/poly base as its shiny.
I found they do them as mini tabs which is even more handy as will be easy to remove the backing and apply. Unlike tape rolls you have to pick and pick at it to get it started.

For my all French lace base I'll try either Walker Natural Hold tape and if that's too weak then....
Ghostbond Platinum,but I bet that will be a mess to clean up.

Last edited:

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried a daily attachment routine with a mix of 1522 and sensi tak on a full skin base. It wasn't pretty, the hair lift off extremely easily, to the degree that removing a t-shirt can take your hair with it.
That along with eventual need to do more frequent reinstallations, made the daily wear idea an unwanted one.
If you are going to do it though, consider that you may not need to remove the tape everyday, you can supplement daily glues to the tape to extend its life span

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried a daily attachment routine with a mix of 1522 and sensi tak on a full skin base. It wasn't pretty, the hair lift off extremely easily, to the degree that removing a t-shirt can take your hair with it.
That along with eventual need to do more frequent reinstallations, made the daily wear idea an unwanted one.
If you are going to do it though, consider that you may not need to remove the tape everyday, you can supplement daily glues to the tape to extend its life span
Cheers.

Although the Sensi Tak is the improved Walker Signature Sensi Tak Select version instead of the normal one.

I'll use Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector with it,to strength the hold.

Shame my skin doesn't tolerate wearing past 4 days(crazy itching by then). I have both bad dandruff and very sensitive skin.
Or I would use the other tapes I have such as Walker Lace Front or Walker No Shine, but clean up is a b**ch with that. I'd give up if I had to use those maximum wear tapes.