Da Bears's Story - (1 Year Update pg. 5)

Da Bears

Reaction score
Re: Da Bears's Story - Month 4 Update (New Pic Included)

Month 4 picture is on page 1. This month my hair has continued to thicken up and it got much darker! I am feeling great about how much progress I have made in 4 months. My barber commented on how fast my hair grows when I got it cut this morning, and she does not know I am on treatments. Also, I was able to style my hair for the first time in years using Garnier Surf Hair and it looked and felt great. I cannot believe that I neglected treating my hair for 10 years and have been making a comeback. If my crown continues to thicken, I will be very happy. Comments?......

JWM

Reaction score

WOW. And it's only gonna get better and better. Talk about a nice holiday gift, yeah?

Congrats :bravo:

Petchsky

Reaction score

You regrew the sides and every thing, damn! lookin thicker, quick results, you could peak at month 6, but continue to thicken a little over the prevailing months. seems the case with really good quick responders...you had many comments from people?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score

Seems that the hair loss problem was short nightmare for you, congrats on your result :bravo:

Gboy2k8

Established Member
Reaction score

excellent progress !

when was the first time you noticed a difference and how ?

Da Bears

Reaction score

JWM: Yup, pretty much the best Christmas gift I could ask for! :woot:

Petchsky: I would not mind if I peak in a couple of months because at this rate, my crown should be almost filled in. I have not received comments from people other than my gf saying it looks darker and thicker but she knows about my regimen. I live in Florida now and did not grow up here. I have not been home in a few months so it will be interesting if anyone that has known me a long time notices...

kento: Thanks, but it has not been a short nightmare. I have been dealing with this for 10 years. The process was so slow that I lived in denial for a long time. When I moved to Florida and was outside for a period of time I noticed my scalp would always get burnt and that might be a sign to bite the bullet and do something about this poop.

Gboy2k8: I guess there are 2 answers to that question. I noticed right at the 2 month mark that my hair drastically stopped shedding since I have always shed a decent amount of hair of the years. It also felt silky instead of dry and wispy when I would run my hand through it. Visually I did not notice anything until month 3. I snapped a pic of the top of my head and was like "holy sh*t this stuff really is working!!!!!" and I could not believe my eyes! :jump:

Da Bears

Reaction score

Going on 5 months now and DA DA DA...... here comes my first shed! Most of the hair that I am shedding seems to be new growth because they are fine hairs with the tips being so thin that they are see through. I am assuming that they were vellus hairs that responded quickly to the treatment. :punk:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score

congrats man. well done and keep it up. Your an inspiration here. hair is looking class. the change is immense. you must feel on top of the world.

Can i ask how you applied your minoxidil? was it all over your head? foam or liquid?

Da Bears

Reaction score

Here is what I do:

-I use Kirkland 5% minoxidil liquid.
-I then take .5 ml and put it at my crown in about 4-5 different spots, as far back as possible.
-I tilt my head down and let gravity pull down the liquid towards my forehead.
-I rub and excess drips into my hairline and temples
-I repeat the same process with an additional .5 ml in about 20 minutes after some of the first app has had some time to dry.
-I do this entire process twice a day.

I took my 5 month update on 1/31 and I will post it soon when I get the chance. Good luck!!!

Da Bears

Reaction score
Re: Da Bears's Story - 6 Month Update

I feel like I lost some ground this month in my crown :( However, looking at the big picture, I have made some decent gains over the past 6 months. I snapped a picture before I got my hair cut so it would be similar length to my baseline to make my self feel better, and here are my 6 month results...

Attachments

• 02.25.09.jpg
    02.25.09.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 08.25.08.jpg
    08.25.08.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 281

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

I think overall you're doing well. Stay the course til a year and then analyze where you're at. I wouldn't let the intermittent losses and gains throw you off; compared to your baseline you're doing just fine. You also might be having a little bit of a shed on your crown so you could be seeing some recovery there very soon.

Keep us posted, yah?

Obsidian

Reaction score

I wouldn't get too worried dude, if you had success this early I doubt it your already poised to go downhill already. Probably just a shed and getting you prepared for even better hairs.

I always thought the worst sheds are the ones around the 6 to 12 month mark.

Da Bears

Reaction score

SHEDDING!!! Hair looks like poop, especially the crown!!! :puke:

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score

Bears, wish you the best. I'm still very early in my treatment so I really can't comment from experience, but if you read some of the biggest success threads there are periodic heavy sheds that you just have to fight through. You'll probably thicken up even better than you were before. Good luck, and god speed!

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

mr. da bear i just want to reply asap please

i,ve been on finasteride for 1 year and in between 5 months on dutas .5mg

and i noticed constant shedding of hair it look like growing hair at the hair end it was thin ..

most of the shedding hair like this i can defiinetly say that this type of hairs are falling out .but the remain long grown hair not falling.

is that shedding this type of hair will come back with darker hair ....

please reply..

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score

mr. da bear i just want you to reply asap please

i,ve been on finasteride for 1 year and in between 5 months on dutas .5mg

and i noticed constant shedding of hair it look like growing hair at the hair end it was thin ..

most of the shedding hair like this i can defiinetly say that this type of hairs are falling out .but the remain long grown hair not falling.

is that shedding this type of hair will come back with darker hair ....

please reply..

Da Bears

Reaction score

Some of the hair that I am shedding appears to be very thin on the end (almost invisible) and some appear to be equal thickness. All of it is coming from the top of my head which I can tell because I style my hair longer on top. Hope that answers your question!

moxsom

Established Member
Reaction score

If i had results even close to this I would be estatic. Unfortunatley this is not the norm :(

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score

Da Bears said:
I feel like I lost some ground this month in my crown :( However, looking at the big picture, I have made some decent gains over the past 6 months. I snapped a picture before I got my hair cut so it would be similar length to my baseline to make my self feel better, and here are my 6 month results...

Da Bears,

Is your hair wet or gelled in the baseline pics??

By the way: Great results. Glad to see another diffuse thinner with success.

Da Bears

Reaction score

My hair is the same in both pics. Both are dry hair with a little gel in the front to spike it up, and I think the length is about the same as well.