Da Bears's Story - (1 Year Update pg. 5)

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Da Bears's Story - 6 Month Update

Hey man, is there any chance you could put up front on pics (censor out your face and whatever), I just wanna confirm how good this actually is! I think from the front you wouldn't even be able to tell you were balding, plus I just wanna see how much your temples have strengthened if thats cool?

Also did you use minoxidil all over your head from the start? And if so did you notice shedding of the hair that was already there or did it just seem to get better straight away? Oh btw, not sure if you have already said but were you using generic meds, if so which ones?

Cheers mate, and congrats, this is an awesome story and we all appreciate you taking the time out to give us updates and details.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Da Bears's Story - 6 Month Update

thank you mr da bears i just want know when you got shedding you are temple area also got shedding or not

looks great.inspirations to other people to read ..

long live for you and your hair..

Da Bears

Reaction score
Re: Da Bears's Story - 1 Year Update

One year update...details to follow :)

Attachments

• 05.07.09.jpg
    05.07.09.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 06.01.09.jpg
    06.01.09.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 06.29.09.jpg
    06.29.09.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 07.30.09.jpg
    07.30.09.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 08.27.09.jpg
    08.27.09.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 08.25.08.jpg
    08.25.08.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 335

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Da Bears's Story - 1 Year Update pg. 5

Still looking good to me dude, congrats.

This is the sorta reason you shouldn't give up any treatments Birk. It may not look as outstanding as it did after say 3-4 months when he got amazing results, but it is still considerably better than his baseline and looks really good.
It goes in waves aswell, but 9months in was looking awesome again, he probably had a shed and month 11 didn't look as good. But hopefully that grows back in and it is looking sweet again by like month 13-14.

Keep up the good work Bears

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Some shedding going on and it's noticable because of the close cropped hairstyle, but nonetheless an amazing improvement. Night and day. Happy for ya!

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh and everything filled in - especially up front. That's encouraging for us receders. I don't do finasteride, but this may push me over the edge.

Da Bears

Reaction score
A year has past since I started my journey, I feel blessed that my hair has responded favorable to my treatment. I keep my hair short (#5 on top blended to a #2 on the sides) and I don't think it looks like I am noticeably balding anymore. Although the hair on the top of my head is not nearly as thick as the hair on the sides and back, I do think it is a least twice as think as my baseline. It feels noticeably thicker and silky. Also, I feel like my temples have thickened and came down a bit from Norwood 2.5 to Norwood 2. Still to this day, my crown is very weak in a small area in the back so I hope for further improvement there. I feel like I have gained some confidence in my appearance since I get approached by women quite a bit when I am out, but this is also due to being diligent with my workout routine. Although this regimen may not work for everybody, I think I have benefited from being consistent and patient with the process. I hope for continued gains but if I stay where I am now, I would still be satisfied with the end result. Good luck to you all!

ps. I will take a pic of my temples to show you how I style my hair and what the overall result has been.

Peace.

Bufo boreas

Reaction score
Da Bears, based on your pictures, would you say that your hairline around your temples as vastly improved?

Da Bears

Reaction score
Yes! My hairline has thickened up quite a bit and moved down a bit. It now looks more like a normal "mature" hairline rather than a thin receding hairline. I am very happy with the results thus far!