Cyproterone Users-consensus On Minimum Effective Dose?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe I've seen doses as low as 25 mg/day, but nothing lower. Mabye I missed it. Any success with less than 25 mg/day?

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
12.5mg should be enough after one month with 25mg.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12.5mg should be enough after one month with 25mg.
Thanks. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger as just added two new compounds. How is the Oestrolgel working for you? Do you apply it to hairline?

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger as just added two new compounds. How is the Oestrolgel working for you? Do you apply it to hairline?

I buzzed my head and apply it all over my scalp since I'm a diffuse thinner, and it seems to be working great because I have thousands of new vellus hair popping up and existing hair seems to have thicken up. I use 3mg everyday and half of it I put on scalp the rest I slap on my ***. I've only been on this regime for 1.5 months but so far so good.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I buzzed my head and apply it all over my scalp since I'm a diffuse thinner, and it seems to be working great because I have thousands of new vellus hair popping up and existing hair seems to have thicken up. I use 3mg everyday and half of it I put on scalp the rest I slap on my ***. I've only been on this regime for 1.5 months but so far so good.
Awesome man, congrats. I've been at 0.75 mg/day for ~ 2 weeks so hoping to see the magic happen in a couple more.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, did finasteride and dutasteride not work for ya? Cyp seems like a last resort.

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome man, congrats. I've been at 0.75 mg/day for ~ 2 weeks so hoping to see the magic happen in a couple more.
Thanks man it feels great!
By the way, did finasteride and dutasteride not work for ya? Cyp seems like a last resort.
Actually I haven't tried them because I wanted to find a more natural solution, so I tried, castor oil, emu oil, rosemary oil, derma rolling, I massaged my scalp for 40 minutes everyday for 5 months, I even did nofap for 10 weeks lol, and I got zero result, so I said f*** it and chose the best solution because I want real results.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, after ‘studying’ the hair loss game for 6 months I agree that you chose a regimen that almost can’t fail. I was an amateur and foolishly believed popping a finasteride each day was going to save my hair. Silly boy I was. I’m using 4 drugs and finally having some success. Problem is I don’t know how critical each compound is to my success so I must keep them all. I suspect estrogen is the most important, followed by RU. Could have way worse problems I guess, like having to go shopping for a piece lol.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No side effects?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you completely bald or just temples?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How has estrogen worked out for you so far?
Not nearly as well as I had expected. The very small amount of regrowth can't keep up with the loss. I'm stopping for a few weeks to see what happens as I'm not sure is estrogen has been helping at all.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Not nearly as well as I had expected. The very small amount of regrowth can't keep up with the loss. I'm stopping for a few weeks to see what happens as I'm not sure is estrogen has been helping at all.

You're using only Topical E .075 mg/day? I wouldn't expect this to stop your hair-loss alone. The only people I've seen get long term results from topical E combined it with finasteride/dutasteride/cyp/daro etc.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Starting to see more and hear more about cypo. Is it legit?

Here's a summary of all recent anti-androgens/hormonal treatments I've seen on here with any results. This is just a summary of what I've read on the forum. Not telling anyone else to try this.

Cyproterone is said to be used at oral 12.5 mg or 25 mg per day. it's a strong anti-androgen. I can't suggest anyone use this unless they are MTF. Also risky because of liver issues.

There's also Bicalutamide, some are taking it oral at 25 or 50 mg per day. Most of these users are also MTF or agender so don't care much for sides.

Topical bicalutamide was tried by people who don't want MTF. It was used by a few users. The main one was a guy who said he used really low dose (like 2-5 mg/mL) and got some reduction in hairloss. He didn't follow thru because of sides (gyno) but claims some people PM'd him that they got results at 6 weeks but are not longer active here (presumably had results and quit checking forums)

Topical spironolactone, I have never seen anyone get any thing real with this

Oral spironolactone, haven't looked into this much but can cause sides along with electrolyte/fluid issues.

Topical OH-Flutamide - the newest addition to the game. This is being used by people a small group of people who just recently started a few weeks ago. Initial results from one person was a reduction in shed. No idea about sides, and real effectiveness or anything Will have to wait and see what these guys report.
_
Also, many of the AA users mixed with oral estradiol (MTF) or topical (males). Again, i don't think anyone should take oral Estradiol unless they're transitioning.

Topical Estradiol was used by some people with mild/moderate results. I've seen some say this helped a lot mixed with other stuff (minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, AA's etc). I've also seen some people who tried this without any changes, just sides. Some tried the weaker form (estriol) which is said to have fewer sides, but also fewer results. I saw more people using this. Maybe this because the easiest one to get a hold of as there is Bi-estro cream on amazon that's a mix of 80 estriol/20 estradiol. Again, not telling anyone else to do this. Pretty much any story I read had side effects and the product was marketed to post menopausal women.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a summary of all recent anti-androgens/hormonal treatments I've seen on here with any results. This is just a summary of what I've read on the forum. Not telling anyone else to try this.

Cyproterone is said to be used at oral 12.5 mg or 25 mg per day. it's a strong anti-androgen. I can't suggest anyone use this unless they are MTF. Also risky because of liver issues.

There's also Bicalutamide, some are taking it oral at 25 or 50 mg per day. Most of these users are also MTF or agender so don't care much for sides.

Topical bicalutamide was tried by people who don't want MTF. It was used by a few users. The main one was a guy who said he used really low dose (like 2-5 mg/mL) and got some reduction in hairloss. He didn't follow thru because of sides (gyno) but claims some people PM'd him that they got results at 6 weeks but are not longer active here (presumably had results and quit checking forums)

Topical spironolactone, I have never seen anyone get any thing real with this

Oral spironolactone, haven't looked into this much but can cause sides along with electrolyte/fluid issues.

Topical OH-Flutamide - the newest addition to the game. This is being used by people a small group of people who just recently started a few weeks ago. Initial results from one person was a reduction in shed. No idea about sides, and real effectiveness or anything Will have to wait and see what these guys report.
_
Also, many of the AA users mixed with oral estradiol (MTF) or topical (males). Again, i don't think anyone should take oral Estradiol unless they're transitioning.

Topical Estradiol was used by some people with mild/moderate results. I've seen some say this helped a lot mixed with other stuff (minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, AA's etc). I've also seen some people who tried this without any changes, just sides. Some tried the weaker form (estriol) which is said to have fewer sides, but also fewer results. I saw more people using this. Maybe this because the easiest one to get a hold of as there is Bi-estro cream on amazon that's a mix of 80 estriol/20 estradiol. Again, not telling anyone else to do this. Pretty much any story I read had side effects and the product was marketed to post menopausal women.
Any regular strait active guys on here try any of the estrogen creams? Feedback is appreciated

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any regular strait active guys on here try any of the estrogen creams? Feedback is appreciated
Yep, I've been using topical estro since nov and just recently quit as I don't feel it's done anything significant. My blood levels of estro were raised the entire time so please don't think topical won't go systemic-definitely does.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I've been using topical estro since nov and just recently quit as I don't feel it's done anything significant. My blood levels of estro were raised the entire time so please don't think topical won't go systemic-definitely does.
Damn sorry to hear that...so what's your plan now?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is there any anti androgen at low doses that can mimic the effects of finasteride without any side effects ? Im just looking to an anti androgen because im allergic to finas/dutas and cant use them not because they werent enought to stop my hair loss. But also i dont want the gyno ( which im already have) and kill my libido.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score

Did you use estriol or full on estradiol? Estriol will likely not do anything. Also was it just monotherapy with the estro cream? It probably won't do much on its own either

Is there any anti androgen at low doses that can mimic the effects of finasteride without any side effects ? Im just looking to an anti androgen because im allergic to finas/dutas and cant use them not because they werent enought to stop my hair loss. But also i dont want the gyno ( which im already have) and kill my libido.

Wait until the first group reports on OH-flutamide topical results

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear that...so what's your plan now?
1. added dutas 2x per week
2. added oral min again... maybe without e2, which is a VERGF promotor, I won't get the extreme vein side effects
3. topical hydroxyflutamide (soon)
4. FUE or FUT