Cynatine HNS (clinical study shows good results)

RGNatty90

Reaction score
Read about this in a magazine and searched for it but there is very limited information about it. I found this study:

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/641723/

Overall, Cynatine HNS showed a 12.5% reduction in hair loss over placebo at Day 30 and a 34.5% and 34.4% reduction at Days 60 and 90, respectively. Figure 1 shows the results for both groups over the 90-day time period.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/641723/fig1/

Hair Tensile Strength. Subjects on placebo showed no statistical improvement in their hair strength at the end of the test period. The active group treated with Cynatine HNS showed a 5.9% improvement in hair strength at Day 90 compared to baseline as well as a statistically significant percent change to placebo at the end of the test period.

Hair Appearance. Subjects who were treated with Cynatine HNS showed a statistically significant improvement at all times measured compared to both baseline and placebo. At Day 30 the mean increase in appearance scores was The percent improvement compared to placebo was 17.6% at Day 30, 35.3% at Day 60, and 47.1% at Day 90. It also should be noted that 23 out of 24 subjects showed an improvement with Cynatine HNS, while only 8 of 24 showed any improvement on placebo. The results at all times points for both groups are shown in Figure 3.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/641723/fig3/

Have anyone tested this?

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
The study was sponsored by the manufacturer. The researchers were paid by the manufacturer. Might be shady. I would want to see a separation there.

RGNatty90

Reaction score
The study was sponsored by the manufacturer. The researchers were paid by the manufacturer. Might be shady. I would want to see a separation there.
Robert H. Veghte is the General Manager of Roxlor Global, LLC. Neither Christina Beer nor Simon Wood is an employee of Roxlor Global, LLC, nor do they receive any royalty or payment based on performance of the product; they do however receive consulting fees on a per job basis from Roxlor Global, LLC.

[FONT=MinionPro-Regular, Times]The authors would like to thank Roxlor Global, LLC, for providing all the raw materials in this study. Roxlor Global, LLC, funded this study.[/FONT]

[FONT=MinionPro-Regular, Times]Ye maybe a bit sketchy. But cant find any other independent studies on this. [/FONT]

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
I did a search on this with my sources. I found two other studies using the product as a treatment for skin condition and osteoarthritis performed by the same researchers. I looked at the study you referred to again. They only used females for the study. Also their measure of hair loss benefit was determined by a pull test, in which a person would pull on some strands of hair to determine whether or not the hairs were in anagen or telogen. I'm not sure if this is an accurate method to make that determination. They report the benefit as a ratio number of anagen/telogen. Again, I am not sure if this is correct way to make that determination. The ingredient in question was keratin. It is widely available, though their version is supposed to be standardized. If you can find a keratin supplement that is standardized, then I would assume that you could give this a go.