Reaction score
Source: https://imgur.com/a/m62S5

Study: http://docdro.id/pQ6ZXKW

What are people thoughts?

FDAKX5x.jpg

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WAY 316606 mimics cyclo but without the sides. The presentation talks briefly about how this drug is effective in prolonging anagen => more vellus hairs go terminal.

Would be a very useful addition if hairloss is already under control and vellus regrowth developing.

Trax1

My Regimen
Reaction score
CsA is really interesting, as for me - because it downregulates SFRP1 -> more effective WNT\b treating.
But it has molecular weight 1,202.61 g/mol so it's should be useless for topical. From other side - there were few studies on topical CsA https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2312805 ; https://www.researchgate.net/public...topical_cyclosporine_in_male_pattern_alopecia
that reports of effect on Androgenetic Alopecia in some cases - and this is strange as for me - how could this drag work if it's didn't fit in "500 Daltons gate"?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And 2015 foil says exvivo lmao. Gonna take a lot of waiting.

abcdefg

Reaction score
My question is why does it work so well? try to mimic it topically. Some of this stuff is just too dangerous to take internally for hair loss.

thisis

Reaction score
CsA is really interesting, as for me - because it downregulates SFRP1 -> more effective WNT\b treating.
But it has molecular weight 1,202.61 g/mol so it's should be useless for topical. From other side - there were few studies on topical CsA https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2312805 ; https://www.researchgate.net/public...topical_cyclosporine_in_male_pattern_alopecia
that reports of effect on Androgenetic Alopecia in some cases - and this is strange as for me - how could this drag work if it's didn't fit in "500 Daltons gate"?

It's possible some molecules can diffuse through the hair shaft openings, I've read some drug delivery route that way.

Besides I've read Cyclosporin has some antifungal properties in its own, so there might be something there

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also curious about how to get this substance delivered...
Maybe it will get to the follicle if we apply it after wounding?

drgs_not_hugs

Reaction score
It's an immune system suppressing drug which is used to stop organ rejection (after transplant)

There are eyedrops called Restasis which contain cyclosporine, buy a bunch of these, water out and apply to the scalp?

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Does that slide say the photo was taken in 1990?
Wtf
No. That's in reference to the initial research.

Topical cyclosporine in male pattern alopecia.
Authors:
Gilhar A; Laboratory for Skin Research, Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa.
Pillar T
Etzioni A
Source:
Journal Of The American Academy Of Dermatology [J Am Acad Dermatol] 1990 Feb; Vol. 22 (2 Pt 1), pp. 251-3.
Publication Type:
Clinical Trial; Controlled Clinical Trial; Journal Article
Language:
English
Journal Info:
Publisher: Mosby Country of Publication: United States NLM ID: 7907132 Publication Model: Print Cited Medium: Print ISSN: 0190-9622 (Print) Linking ISSN: 01909622 NLM ISO Abbreviation: J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. Subsets: MEDLINE
Imprint Name(s):
Original Publication: St. Louis, Mo., Mosby
MeSH Terms:
Alopecia/*drug therapy
Cyclosporins/*therapeutic use
Administration, Topical ; Adult ; Cyclosporins/administration & dosage ; Double-Blind Method ; Humans ; Male ; Pilot Projects ; Sex Characteristics ; Time Factors
Abstract:
We previously demonstrated a systemic and topical effect of cyclosporine on hair growth in an experimental model composed of human scalp skin transplanted onto nude mice. The aim of this study was to determine whether topical cyclosporine affects male pattern alopecia. For 4 months in a double-blind study, 10 subjects were treated with cyclosporine and three were treated with olive oil. Hairgrowth was evaluated by photographs and hair counts. Significant hair growth was observed in two of the eight patients who completed the study. In one the hair growth was cosmetically satisfactory. No systemic or cutaneous side effects were noted.
Substance Nomenclature:
0 (Cyclosporins)
Entry Date(s):
Date Created: 19900425 Date Completed: 19900425 Latest Revision: 20041117
Update Code:
PMID:

Last edited:

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The fact that this drug ( immune suppressor )works for hair growth its another proof that the immune system play a big part in hair loss.

Androgen dht is still the main culprit but problems with the immune system like autoimmune disorders, allergies ecc.. can speed up the baldness process..

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a patent about Rivertowns lotion which has cyclo on it.

https://www.google.com/patents/US20170042859

They also speak of fractional laser therapy.

Maybe this is their way of delivering bigger molecules like cylclosporine?

“fractional laser therapy” or “fractional laser treatment” refers to application of a laser beam that is divided into thousands of zones and is capable of reacting with both the epidermis and dermis. This treatment is sometimes referred to as fractional laser photothermolysis.

Here is also a list of possible vehicle substances, dont know if this might shed some light on how they are planning on delivering big molecules into the skin.

The composition of claim 1 further comprising one or more excipients selected from the group consisting of urea, polyoxyl 40 stearate, a carbomer, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monostearate, mineral oil, ethanol, propylene glycol, polyglycol 300, citric acid, sodium phosphate dibasic, stearyl alcohol, isopropyl myristate, sodium hydroxide, petroleum jelly, xanthan gum, white petrolatum, sorbitol solution, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, simethicone, sodium benzoate, glyceryl monostearate, polyethylene glycol monostearate, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene and water.

The formulating of the immediate above preferred embodiment may include the following:

• weigh out 100 g 40% urea cream comprising X-Viate™ 40% cream: 40 g urea (w/v), carbopol, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monostearate, light mineral oil, propylene glycol, water, sodium hydroxide, white petrolatum and xanthum gum; or emollient cream #1: 40 g urea plus 60 g emollient cream #1 (polyoxyl 40 stearate (103.125 g/L), propylene glycols (62.2 ml/L), polyglycol 300 MW liquid (46.875 ml/L), citric acid-anhydrous (1.1 g/L), sodium phosphate dibasic (2.04 g/L), cetyl alcohol wax (93.75 g/L), stearyl alcohol wax (200 g/L), isopropyl myristate (218.75/L), dd H2O to 1 L; sodium benzoate (3.125 g/L)); add 5 g minoxidil powder and then add 120 mg cyclosporine A powder or 120 mg cyclosporine A dissolved in 2 ml propylene glycol; followed by adding 50 μl of a 1M solution RT175 (>120 ng/ml final); and then mixing the resultant composition and loading it into 20 ml syringes or into tubes for dispensing.

some more info on their test results

• Example 4
  • 59-Year-Old Male with Androgenic Alopecia Treated Topically with RT175 and RT175/Minoxidil
  • [0107]
    A 59-year-old white with androgenic alopecia was treated twice daily with 1 milliliter of a composition containing 120 nanograms/milliliter (“ng/mL”) of RT175 in 30% w/v ethanol, 50% w/v propylene glycol and 20% w/v water. The composition was applied directly to the bald skin on the crown of the head once in the morning after showering and once before going to bed. Baseline hair distribution is shown in FIG. 4(a).
  • [0108]
    FIG. 4(b) shows an absence of hair growth 4 months after RT175 treatment. The subject went on treatment holiday for 1 month, before beginning treatment with 120 ng/mL of RT175 and 5% w/v minoxidil in 30% w/v ethanol, 50% w/v propylene glycol and 20% w/v water. FIG. 4(c) depicts the subjects scalp before initiation of the second round of treatment. FIG. 4(d) shows the failure of the combination of RT175 and minoxidil to induce new hair growth.
  • Example 5
  • 57-Year-Old Male with Androgenic Alopecia Treated Topically with RT175/Minoxidil/Cyclosporine A
  • [0109]
    A 57-year-old male with androgenic alopecia was treated twice daily with 1 milliliter of a composition containing 120 ng/mL of RT175 (0.000012% w/v), 1.2 milligrams per milliliter (“mg/mL”) of cyclosporine A (0.12% w/v) and 5% w/v minoxidil in about 28% w/v ethanol, about 47% w/v propylene glycol, and about 19% w/v water. The composition was applied directly to the bald skin on the crown of the head once in the morning after showering and once before going to bed. The extent of hair loss is depicted in FIG. 5 in the panel at the upper left (baseline).
  • [0110]
    FIG. 5 upper right panel shows an unexpected and extensive hair growth after 21 days. FIG. 5 middle left panel shows continued hair growth after 28 days. FIG. 5 middle right panel show continued hair growth after 35 days and lower left panel shows additional hair growth at 42 days. These results are surprising in light of and in stark contrast to the findings in Example 4 that RT175 alone or in combination with minoxidil did not induce new hair growth in a male suffering from androgenic alopecia.
  • Example 6
  • 57-Year-Old Male with Androgenic Alopecia and Achromotrichia Treated Topically with RT175/Minoxidil/Cyclosporine a Displays Regrowth of Pigmented Hair
  • [0111]
    A 57-year-old male with androgenic alopecia and who had already gone through achromotrichia (natural loss of pigmentation in the hair follicle and hair shaft) was treated twice daily continuously for 20 weeks with 1 milliliter of a composition containing 120 ng/mL of RT175 (0.000012% w/v), 1.2 milligrams per milliliter (“mg/mL”) of cyclosporine A (0.12% w/v) and 5% w/v minoxidil in about 28% w/v ethanol, about 47% w/v propylene glycol, and about 19% w/v water. The composition was initially applied directly to the bald skin at the crown of the head once after showering in the morning and once before going to bed. The composition continued to be applied after robust hair growth. At 5 weeks, the subject began growing pigmented hair in the area of the head where hair loss had occurred. See FIG. 6a . The new pigmented hair of the subject was of a similar color as the subject's hair prior to the subject undergoing achromotrichia. The hair outside of the treated area did not develop pigment. By the 20th week of treatment, there was extensive growth of pigmented hair over the totality of the treated area. See FIG. 6b . This result demonstrates that the composition of the invention not only regrows hair in patients with androgenic alopecia but also regrows pigmented hair in patients with androgenic alopecia who have undergone achromotrichia due to aging.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you can delivery topical route, it don't mean you can avoid to go systemic. Forget about cyclosporine, you can also regrowth your hair if you remove your testicle, and is not a better or worst option than mess with your immune system.

Reactions: Oro

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WAY 316606 mimics cyclo but without the sides. The presentation talks briefly about how this drug is effective in prolonging anagen => more vellus hairs go terminal.

Would be a very useful addition if hairloss is already under control and vellus regrowth developing.

Cyclosporine is carcinogenic.

Thats why you use a mimetic. Stemox also doesnt induce hypoxia, it is just an mimetic to gain a certain response.

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didnt know that Cyclo was carcinogenic, thank you for pointing this out @DHTpolice .
Sad because it's easy to buy and not too expensive.
I don't see anybody selling WAY316606 on Alibaba.
But if Cyclo carcinogenic, strange that RiverTown is incorporating it in a possible future treatment.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didnt know that Cyclo was carcinogenic, thank you for pointing this out @DHTpolice .
Sad because it's easy to buy and not too expensive.
I don't see anybody selling WAY316606 on Alibaba.
But if Cyclo carcinogenic, strange that RiverTown is incorporating it in a possible future treatment.

Even if you saw it... Alibaba is a scamside...

If you buy something there get it tested locally. I heard already from someone that he bought something and got it tested. He got a mad call later from the lab, that they would need some licence to analyze such highly toxic substance. It was some pesticide, which would have been probably lethal.

Take this anecdotal and be aware that chinese greyzone labs dont give a f*** if you die or not. Same goes with kane and his impurities.
The chinese also cant make fevipiprant yet, as westonci stated on alibaba they are all shills trying to sell you ru etc when you contact them. And even if they send you something it wont be fevi 99% of the time...

I didnt read much up on it, but Cyclo seems to be okay at low dose, but probably not justifiable for hair.

sito

Reaction score
some people on the greek forum used ciclosporin (neoral sandimum oral solution) some years ago. One guy reported great results the other one said he had a slight improvement