Cycling L-lysine and L-arginine... Tynan?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I've gathered that L-lysine and L-arginine are both beneficial for hair loss (and libido issues from finasteride in the case of the arginine), but that they should not be taken at the same time. Well I just finished my bottle of l-arginine, I took 1 gram per day for almost two months. I remember reading in one of TynanW's posts that it would be beneficial to cycle the two. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on how long to stay on one before switching. I really in all honesty have no idea!

Thanks

MH

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Some say cycle it for 4 weeks on 1 week off, or 6 weeks on 2 weeks off. I have found these two to be the most popular even with dudes at my gym.

misterium

Reaction score
2 weeks arginine only ? 4 weeks lysine only ?

which to cycle and when ???

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to clarify, that was for use with arginine alone. I would guess that you would switch them month for month and you would be ok.

G

21Gone said it, cycle 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

That's 6 weeks taking the amino acids (both L-Lysine and L-Arginnie) and 2 weeks not taking them.

Because L-Arginnie and L-Lysine compete for the same receptor sites on the cell, you will be wasting your cash taking them both at once, either take them at different times of the day, or try to find L-Arginnie Pyroglutamate which does not compete with L-Lysine.

Ty

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Well since they are only semi essential amino acids, you do not need to necessarily have them on a consistant basis. As far as arginine you really do not want your body to be dependant on it, arginine can possibly hurt you after a while enlarging your blood and cellular pathways giving some cardiac problems. Although doubtful it would happen it is good to let your body just flush them out and basically let your body rest. As with all suppliments other than whey it is good to cycle them because they could do harmful things to your body especially your liver with a lot of them if you use them constantly. This is my take anyhow.