Cutting up proscar

leapinghorse

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone does this. I have a pill cutter, but the proscar is not a perfect circle but a five sided shape. Just trying to figure out how to make them the same size.

Thanks!

Losingmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
gremmy, isn't 1/8 of a proscar pill to small to be effective. I doubt those small pills to actually work or do anything. I actually find 1/4 small but trust it more.

beaner

Reaction score
Losingmyhair said:
gremmy, isn't 1/8 of a proscar pill to small to be effective. I doubt those small pills to actually work or do anything. I actually find 1/4 small but trust it more.

Don't be ridiculous. By making this statement you are implying that you think that all the clinical studies of the efficacy of finasteride must be wrong. Do you even realize how small an amount 1mg or even 5mg of finasteride is? Too small to put in a pill, which is why they are mostly made of inactive filler ingredients. 1/8 of a proscar pill is equal to .625 mg of finasteride which indeed can be extremely effective.

Hairbank

Reaction score
Buy generic Proscar.................it's round. Much easier to cut into 4ths.

Losingmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Be easy . Ridiculous isn't necesarry if u need to correct me, correct but don't insult me. In person I would smack u since u acting bitchy.

CCS

Reaction score
Gremmy said:
beaner said:
Losingmyhair said:

Don't be ridiculous. By making this statement you are implying that you think that all the clinical studies of the efficacy of finasteride must be wrong. Do you even realize how small an amount 1mg or even 5mg of finasteride is? Too small to put in a pill, which is why they are mostly made of inactive filler ingredients. 1/8 of a proscar pill is equal to .625 mg of finasteride which indeed can be extremely effective.

Exactly. However, they can be extremely difficult to cut up if you have poor hand/eye coordination. Besides, my body can't handle 1/4ths (sore/burning nipples)

then take 1/4 every other day. And they don't have to be close to even.