Cutting up Proscar into 5 pieces easy??

lunarjm

Reaction score
I haven't started taking Proscar yet, but I'm wondering if it is easy to divide the pill into 5 pieces? I'm sure 4 is easy, maybe that is why I see many people taking 1.25 mg of Procar a day. But 1 mg is enough for me to start with...I'm actually thinking about taking Finpecia just for convenience sake and to get the correct dosage. Feedback is appreciated.

Reaction score
someone once mention you can disolve proscar or finasteride into alcohol..
is that true. Is there formula I can plug in to get the correct dosage I want to try?

lunarjm

Reaction score
nativeremedies said:
is that true. Is there formula I can plug in to get the correct dosage I want to try?

Alcohol and drugs should never be combined.,

nograce

Reaction score
lunarjm said:
nativeremedies said:

???

whats with the alc in minoxidil? or fluta or whatever.....but I thonk you´re meaning the oral intake.

lunarjm

Reaction score
nograce said:
lunarjm said:
nativeremedies said:

???

whats with the alc in minoxidil? or fluta or whatever.....but I thonk you´re meaning the oral intake.

Oh snap...I thought the guy was talking about dropping the pills into a vodka tonic...doh!

Here is a quote from a study that was posted in this forum:

Typically, the price of 5 mg PROSCAR is $76 for 30 pills, a months supply. For 1 mg PROPECIA it is $54. Therefore a PROPECIA user would pay only $15 if he were to cut up the 5 mg pills. However the above depletion studies suggest that a dosage of 0.2 mgs would be as effective as the 1 mg dose, bringing the price down to $3. For the user willing to dissolve the PROSCAR pill, (it is soluble in ethanol), or divide it up by other means, the monthly cost would be seventy-six cents.

http://www.physics.upenn.edu/facultyinf ... index.html

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I find it easy to bite 1/5th from my Proscar, only once did I slighty misjudge, I just had SLIGHTLY smaller dosages for the remaining 2 days.