Cutting Proscar Into 4 Doesnt Work According To Zeiring Employee.

Reaction score
Went for a consultation and told him about my hair loss progressing and me being disappointed that 10 months on finasteride hasn't seems to halt it or get regrowth. I was talking about jumping on dutrasteride to get my progression to stop. He asked if I was taking a 1 mg pill or cutting proscar into 4. He says he heard from hundreds of people the same story about not getting results and he says that the medicine isn't scored so your not suspose to cut it. And its not equally distributed so you might get none in one part and bunch in another. I have researched this before and it seemed like a non issue to cut it. He said I should try taking half a pill everyday or even better buy real 1mg pills and see what happens after 6 months. All I know is that my hair loss has conti and seemingly accelerated even on finasteride 1/4th so maybe its true. Its not like I have crazy aggro bald male pattern baldness at 18 type so idk. I'm 32.
Any comments to his statement?

On a side note he said histogen didnt/doesn't work in zeiring trials when the topic came up. I know he's a salemans but he was a nice dude and seem genuine in the statements he was making

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Complete nonsense.

Finasteride is also a very slow drug. If you get 1.35 mg one day and 1.15 mg the next it will have no impact.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Normally pills are not really made one by one, i don't think finasteride is sprinkled on them individually.

A large batch of binder is made and then heated/mixed with the active ingredient. This leaves you with a whole lot of finasteride containing powder equally distributed. From there the powder goes into a machine that presses the silly shaped pills. Finally they are coated off for protection.

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not the cutting, it's the dosage, you might be taking less than 1.25mg if you cut such a small pill in 4 pieces. You might be taking even less than 1mg! Also, it takes a long time to work. So, take half a pill each day, or get the 1mg pill.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having bad results on cutting the pills too. Starting to take half a pill a day now.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having bad results on cutting the pills too. Starting to take half a pill a day now.

Don't some people take half a proscar EOD? That seems to make the most sense dosage wise if you're going the half proscar route

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Is that a route that would work? How long does finasteride stay in ur system again?

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half-life of finasteride: 5-6 hours. For DHT to replenish pretreatment levels it takes approximately 2 weeks.