Cutting Propecia means protective layer is broken? Problem??

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when u cut finastride tablet, the protective outer layer will be cut open obviously. will this be a problem for ur insides for example, when digesting it? because if u just took the whole tablet it would go into ur stomach before dissolving, but if you cut the tablet, u have direct contact with the powder inside as soon as it hits ur mouth?

is this an issue?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not really an issue for us. In early testing of finasteride on stumptailed macaques, the drug was given to them as a powder on a piece of fruit.

The only real reason for the coating at all, of course, is to protect pregnant females who may happen to touch the tablets.

Bryan

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
As was stated on another recent thread, the drug doesn't have any caustic properties. The acid in your stomach will burn through that protective layering in a literal heartbeat. The layer is there for protecting pregnant females. If the drug was caustic you would have to worry about your esophagus when cutting the drug. But it's not, so don't.

bubka

Reaction score
not an issue, that i recommend you only cut one pill at a time because finasteride can become less effective the longer it is exposed to air, thus, keep the cut pieces one at a time in a dray bottle

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cheers guys.