Cutting A Hair System 6 X 7 Inches - Question

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys..

Help and advise please...... i have recently started doing all my own upkeep , regrooms etc with my systems, its been a learning curve as i was going to a place to do it for me , so i have never had to worry about all this. with being in lockdown i took it upon myself to FINALLY teach myself how to do it. Its been going great.. i have now cut down 3 system , cut in the style myself and attached it all successfully .. now not needing to pay someone else to do it! My question now is... i am going to order a system from superhairpieces and i have never come accross this before but they are telling me i can only cut the system down to 6 x 7.75 in as if i go to 6 x 7 i risk the lose of the crown on the system. Also the front contour is A and i need to cut it to a CC ... what are peoples thoughts on these questions.. and any tips.. ? 1. if its freestyle , surely the crown is anywhere you put it ??
2. can i potentially cut just behind the front hair line to reshape from A to CC against my template ?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in reading your other posts, i believe you are interested in the m115 model. I don't think cutting then M115 to 6X7 would be an issue based on this blog
https://superhairpieces.wpcomstaging.com/2020/02/14/swiss-lace-model-comparison/

stock model are knotted with a crown in mind ( top center back portion ) given you also want to remove part of the front hairline, i think you can do it. many factor are at play here, length of hair at back, etc.. also cutting front will alter hairline density. you can also PM me with picture if you want

lastly, if you are on the fence ( as I read on your other post) you can order piece and return it if not satisfied, as long as you havent played /fiddled with it. SHP has a good return policy as per indicated on their website.
if you have a template of your 6x7, you can putting it under the plastic sphere of the new piece and see, looking thought from under, if crown an issue.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
in reading your other posts, i believe you are interested in the m115 model. I don't think cutting then M115 to 6X7 would be an issue based on this blog
https://superhairpieces.wpcomstaging.com/2020/02/14/swiss-lace-model-comparison/

stock model are knotted with a crown in mind ( top center back portion ) given you also want to remove part of the front hairline, i think you can do it. many factor are at play here, length of hair at back, etc.. also cutting front will alter hairline density. you can also PM me with picture if you want

lastly, if you are on the fence ( as I read on your other post) you can order piece and return it if not satisfied, as long as you havent played /fiddled with it. SHP has a good return policy as per indicated on their website.
if you have a template of your 6x7, you can putting it under the plastic sphere of the new piece and see, looking thought from under, if crown an issue.
Hey @AxC123 thankyou so much for your advice. i was thinking the same thing , SHP seemed to not want to commit to saying i could cut it any less then 7.75" which seems odd, but i dont see why not. I am only cutting the hairline a bare minimum to reshape the A contour to CC .. IF I CAN ... i will keep the hairline best i can to avoid ruining the graduated hairline. i was under the assumption that if a hair system is freestyle the crown is pretty must anywhere you style the hair ? maybe i can wrong..

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
In my experience, their stock pieces are vented with crown at back.
Those images show a bit what i mean (although not lace, or right vendor) on how stock are styled and ventilated
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07F72GZWG/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_EG3JFbE9BM1YK
Exactly , i think they are just covering themselves to not be responsible if you bugger the system up and lose the crown! ha .. but ive been cutting them long enough now to kinda know what i can and cant do.. my only worry is the hairline.. i normally only buy CC contour but theirs is only A contour, so i will have to go alittle bit into the hairline to reshape it.. i am hoping to only take off a few MM in the front not to lose the graduation built in.. :) was reading alot of the reviews on their systems on the site and they are SO bi polar! its strange , but 2 of you on here and bought from them and said they are ok so i may just jump and see what happens.. :)