cutting 5mg finasteride into 10 pieces?!

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive tried cutting my 1mg finasteride to 10 pieces and i could do it. Now im buying the 5mg and going to cut it in 10 pieces. The pieces get very small but i still should get 0.5mg per piece right?

Any thoughts on this?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you want to cut it into 10 pieces? Seems like a lot of effort. Nothing is wrong with 1.25mg

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut to 1/4 and then bite half each time you dose. Since you'll be losing some powder through the whole process, you'll be getting roughly 0.5 mg. This is what I do.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
i want to do that cause i have been taking 0.25 with good results so want to keep it close to 0.25. I dont mind the process cause one tab will last me 10 days. So the whole preocess 3 times a month.

Ptrt

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't have much success with it. You simply won't be getting the exact dose every time. And in my opinion, when you're trying to use such a small dose, you really don't want to be messing around with losing the medicine. When you try to cut them that small, you may only be getting half of that .25mg dose.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just use 1mg tablets and cut them in half. This will be far easier than trying to cut a 5mg tablet into ten. You will get a very uneven dose in each piece if you try to divide your tablets into ten, and a lot of finasteride dust will be lost in the process. If you really do want to stick with 5mg tablets, however, maybe cut them into sixths? This will be easier than cutting into tenths, and will give you an approximate dose of 0.8mg in each piece. 0.8mg will inhibit pretty much the exact same amount of DHT as 0.5mg, so it is essentially a distinction without a difference. This is in fact true for all doses of 0.5mg and upwards (even 0.2mg inhibits very close to the same amount of DHT as a full 5mg dose). Since DHT inhibition is essentially identical between all doses of 0.5mg and upwards, the only logical reason why a person should opt for a 0.5mg dose instead of a higher dose would be due to affordability.

mosd

Established Member
Reaction score
There is almost impossible to buy 1mg here. Couldn't find it anymore so I'm starting to buy 5mg. I'm want to take 0.25mg do keep sides as far away as possible as I don't have any sides now. Maybe I should cut into sixth and only take it every other day.

Is 0.25 inhibit as much as 5mg it feels unnecessary and possible risk of sides.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
difference in sides between doses are almost negligible.... just take 1.25mg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is what im talking about? Why would i risk to get sides and take 1.25 when im able to cut and take 8-10 pieces?

because its like taking the effort to go out of your way to pick up a penny off the ground. The benefits of taking less aren't very big. Just doesn't matter as much as you seem to think it does.