Cutting 1mg finasteride Tabs to 0.5/0.25mg

NathJames

Reaction score
I am completely new to all of this. Is it OK to use a pill cutter on finasteride tablets? I am highly concerned about side affects and have read that lowering the dosage to 0.5mg or even 0.25mg can give almost just as good hair loss results but with potentially less sides? So, if possible, I would like to physically cut my 1mg finasteride tablets to the desired size/dosage.

Also, am I right to presume that, as generic brands, Finax and Finpecia are essentially exactly the same?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
all the same and there is no real diff. between 1 and 0,5 mg ,0,25mg is also aso good as 1mg in my opinion

Valiant

Established Member
Reaction score
If you use a pill cutter, make sure that no pregnant women or children come into contact with the crumbs or any broken pieces. Generics are technically supposed to be the same but whether you use brand name or not is personal preference.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
I also tried working my way up to 1mg. Don't start at .25mg ED just go to .5 mg and go from there.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with .25 mg ED, i was gonna start that from the 1st Feb. Plz throw some light.

KeeperOtf

Reaction score
I don'tsee why it would work, Dht = hairloss
Dht = libido

Remove dht mean less libido aswell...
If your libido is still alive that mean dht is alive aswell...

When you took propecia you should have told yourself, do I really want hair over a sex life?

Im 1 month into propecia 1 mg and 1.5mg fromtime to time, working pretty good however I cant fap more then 4 times a day, it's IMPOSSIBLE!
I used to be able to do it 7 times... and it's just getting worse, but if it's the price, I'll pay.
Best wishes