Cutting 1 mg pills....no problems

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
My first post was incredibly positive. To post that it is proper to take less than you should is irresponsible and maybe you should think twice about posting here. People attack posters like locust here, so if I was negative I would fit right in. Worried about liver function? Then don't take finasteride.

What is the proper dose?

Show me your research.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
My first post was incredibly positive. To post that it is proper to take less than you should is irresponsible and maybe you should think twice about posting here. People attack posters like locust here, so if I was negative I would fit right in. Worried about liver function? Then don't take finasteride.

Ok you're dumb and I will no longer be addressing your posts, just going to ignore you. I'm worried about liver function, so I am taking action to minimize the possible detrimental effects. It is the difference between binge drinking, drinking in moderation, and never taking a single sip of alcohol. You're telling me that I can either binge drink, or never drink. I'm telling you that you're dumb, and I can in fact drink in moderation. Oh and by incredibly positive did you mean this post below?

If you are not going to do as the study says, why bother? My doctor (hair transplant doctor) said take 2.5 mg every two days, or 1.25 a day, minimum amount.

Testicle pain? Might have to look into that because I have unexplained at least since i started finasteride.

This is neither incredibly positive, nor is it English that anyone can decipher. Please point me to a study that says "everyone should take 1mg of finasteride, any other dose is bad". As far as I have read (which I started another thread on here about) the "proper" dose is a microdose (0.04-0.12 mg), because it achieves the same level of DHT suppression as 1 mg. Caveat is that 0.2 mg has achieved a little better regrowth.

None of us have the $100million to do research better than Merck, so here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

Btdubs bro, wikipedia =/= proper source of information, nor is it an in-depth research archive of finasteride. I can already tell you are not a scientist. Even Merck came out with a publication (the one I AM CITING) that states that 1 mg is too large of a dose, and that similar results are achieved with ~0.1 mg.

aero1976

Reaction score
Ok you're dumb and I will no longer be addressing your posts, just going to ignore you. /QUOTE]

Hmmm, you must be 14? 15? Sorry you have to deal with losing your hair so young. You should worry about liver function. Again, if you are going to risk any drug, take what the people who spent a whole lot of money studying it say you should take. Do not take what trolls on the internet tell you to. Ask you dad, he will explain it to you.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
None of us have the $100million to do research better than Merck, so here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

The "$100million" research was for developing the drug, and not studying it's effects. The pharmacodynamics are easily studied in any research lab with little funding. Even less so are the clinical trials for humans and animals. Do you know why Merck marketed Propecia at 1mg? Why don't we just take Proscar at 5 mg according to their research? Do you think it's the recommended quantity? Don't quote a marketed product as the proper dose, because it is not necessarily "optimal". Merck has made a lot of mistakes in their testing phases. Merck's "$100million" research on Vioxx and it's subsequent approval by the FDA did not stop it from causing hundreds of thousands of stroke related heart attacks killing a third of them in the process. Do you really think Merck publishes everything to the public? Do you not understand corporate capitalism? Are you that naive?

aero1976

Reaction score
The "$100million" research was for developing the drug, and not studying it's effects. The pharmacodynamics are easily studied in any research lab with little funding. Even less so are the clinical trials for humans and animals. Do you know why Merck marketed Propecia at 1mg? Why don't we just take Proscar at 5 mg according to their research? Do you think it's the recommended quantity? Don't quote a marketed product as the proper dose, because it is not necessarily "optimal". Merck has made a lot of mistakes in their testing phases. Merck's "$100million" research on Vioxx and it's subsequent approval by the FDA did not stop it from causing hundreds of thousands of stroke related heart attacks killing a third of them in the process. Do you really think Merck publishes everything to the public? Do you not understand corporate capitalism? Are you that naive?

Doctors don't know anything
Drug companies don't know anything

Internet trolls know all and know better. I think I understand you now.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok you're dumb and I will no longer be addressing your posts, just going to ignore you. /QUOTE]

Hmmm, you must be 14? 15? Sorry you have to deal with losing your hair so young. You should worry about liver function. Again, if you are going to risk any drug, take what the people who spent a whole lot of money studying it say you should take. Do not take what trolls on the internet tell you to. Ask you dad, he will explain it to you.

Yup 15 years old with a PhD in materials engineering. Yup you're right, we are all dumb. Bye now, go away.