Custom minoxidil Solutions Vs Generic 5% minoxidil

AoR

Reaction score
Hello All,
As I mentioned in another thread I've recently been racking my brains investigating alternatives to taking finasteride, and so far have had very little luck with getting solid information on results.

I'm sure, however, that lots of people here have taken some form of custom minoxidil solution (ie 10-15% minoxidil with Azelaic Acid) and can compare it to the normal 5%. Has anyone noticed better results, or is it too hard to see any difference at all? The custom solutions are soooo much more expensive then the generic, so is it worth it in any way to invest in them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been using 10% Generic minoxidil from MOPC Lab. since 26/6/11, my hair seems to be getting longer (1.5cm now), and I can see some colorless fine hair as well. I was not been able to get it longer than 2-3mm when I used Rogaine, and I was shedding and lost a lot of hair when using Spectral DNC. So I think, at least for me, the 10% is better. My problem is MOPC Lab. does not make and sell minoxidil anymore, so I have to look for alternative supplier when my stock runs out in a few months time. By then I am sure if the higher percentage is better than the 5% Rogaine for me. I have been using minoxidil for years, and I can not take finasteride because of the sides, also it did not help me a bit when I was taking it for more than 3 years before I dropped it.