Custom minoxidil formulation?

chrisva

Reaction score
I'm trying to make my own custom minoxidil solution. It's a long story but basically if I don't formulate it a certain way it does not absorb very well. Rogaine doesnt really work for me, but I've discovered that if a formulation uses less propylene glycol and Isopropyl alcohol instead of ethanol, it absorbs *much* better. A pharmacy I frequented used to make it this way but no longer does, so I'm trying to do it on my own. Some Questions:
1. What's the best way to dissolve minoxidil in propylene glycol and/or isopropyl alchohol? If I just let it sit in solution it does not
seem to dissolve much.
2. Anyone else trying their own custom formulations for absorption issues?
Thanks in advance

BadLabTech

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hey Chris,
Did you ever end up trying to make your own? Curious about your success/failures and your specific formula. It has taken me nearly a year to perfect my mix. Cheers![/FONT]

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting

I'm trying to make my own custom minoxidil solution. It's a long story but basically if I don't formulate it a certain way it does not absorb very well. Rogaine doesnt really work for me, but I've discovered that if a formulation uses less propylene glycol and Isopropyl alcohol instead of ethanol, it absorbs *much* better. A pharmacy I frequented used to make it this way but no longer does, so I'm trying to do it on my own. Some Questions:
1. What's the best way to dissolve minoxidil in propylene glycol and/or isopropyl alchohol? If I just let it sit in solution it does not
seem to dissolve much.
2. Anyone else trying their own custom formulations for absorption issues?
Thanks in advance

----

So interesting. Never knew you could do that- always thought it was illegal. Let me know how it has been helping! Might do the same.