Custom-made Spironolactone (topical) Regrowth

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!
My ambition since summer have been making a custom topical with anti-androgenetic proporties with no side effect at all. I have since then been trying many things for very short periods just to evaluate the safety-profile, which means I can't judge the effect in a good way.

I hypothesized before that topical spironolactone can go systemic
You can read about it here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...lactone-can-go-systemic-my-experience.100832/
At that time I used topical spironolactone only for a couple of days in a blend with finasteride and other things. I changed my plan to isolate the substance and instead I tried topical finasteride only, which you can read about in my other posts.
In couple of days after using spironolactone blend at that time (like 3-4 days) I noticed strong cosmetically difference in hair thickness and strenght, very very very suprising. But I also experienced what I believed was systemic side-effects from the spironolactone.

I restarted topical spironolactone experiment (now isolated) In jan 2017. Plan to evaluate safety-profile in 2-3 weeks.
I made 1 % spirocream and noticed same dizziness at first application as when I used the spironolactone blend before. I immediately changed it to 0,1 % (1mg/ml) and used it two weeks before i stopped. Here comes the interesting part:

Effect:
First week:
Hair thickening just as before (cosmetically different)
Little tired
Beard itch and little beard thinning

Second week: (11 days after start)
REGROWTH in bald spots in my frontal area VERY VERY SIGNIFICANT
More Hair thickening
Body hair in arms, chest and beard STRONGLY reduced and thinned (DEF SYSTEMIC ABSORPTION)
Decreased libido
No ED
Semen lower quality and less ejaculation

I reduced the dose to 0,01 % for a few days (due to systemic side) and I believe I was slightly loosing the ground that I had gained but quited all together after 5 days because no resolve in libido.

I stopped with all treatment two week before I tried this.
I have searched internet and internet forums for very long time to find anecdots of topical spironolactone effectivness. It have been people in forums that have thought it had maintained or maybe slight thickening (but all just thought and was unsure)...
I can now CONFIRM (not stat significant but heeey) that topical spironolactone DEF can be effectful.
Problem:
I don't know if it is the local receptor-binding that cause this effect or it may be because of the systemic reduction --> reduced testo. Hard to know. I had pronounced systemic effects.

As I am familar with the hairgrowth-biology trust me I am also surprised that I saw regrowth and thickening after just days. It seems I am very sensitive to anti-androgen and systemic effects. I have very aggresive male pattern baldness but I believe I answer well to topical anti-androgen problem is I get sides.
I will soon enough evaluate 0,01 % spironolactone or less concentration.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
My ambition since summer have been making a custom topical with anti-androgenetic proporties with no side effect at all. I have since then been trying many things for very short periods just to evaluate the safety-profile, which means I can't judge the effect in a good way.

I hypothesized before that topical spironolactone can go systemic
You can read about it here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...lactone-can-go-systemic-my-experience.100832/
At that time I used topical spironolactone only for a couple of days in a blend with finasteride and other things. I changed my plan to isolate the substance and instead I tried topical finasteride only, which you can read about in my other posts.
In couple of days after using spironolactone blend at that time (like 3-4 days) I noticed strong cosmetically difference in hair thickness and strenght, very very very suprising. But I also experienced what I believed was systemic side-effects from the spironolactone.

I restarted topical spironolactone experiment (now isolated) In jan 2017. Plan to evaluate safety-profile in 2-3 weeks.
I made 1 % spirocream and noticed same dizziness at first application as when I used the spironolactone blend before. I immediately changed it to 0,1 % (1mg/ml) and used it two weeks before i stopped. Here comes the interesting part:

Effect:
First week:
Hair thickening just as before (cosmetically different)
Little tired
Beard itch and little beard thinning

Second week: (11 days after start)
REGROWTH in bald spots in my frontal area VERY VERY SIGNIFICANT
More Hair thickening
Body hair in arms, chest and beard STRONGLY reduced and thinned (DEF SYSTEMIC ABSORPTION)
Decreased libido
No ED
Semen lower quality and less ejaculation

I reduced the dose to 0,01 % for a few days (due to systemic side) and I believe I was slightly loosing the ground that I had gained but quited all together after 5 days because no resolve in libido.

I stopped with all treatment two week before I tried this.
I have searched internet and internet forums for very long time to find anecdots of topical spironolactone effectivness. It have been people in forums that have thought it had maintained or maybe slight thickening (but all just thought and was unsure)...
I can now CONFIRM (not stat significant but heeey) that topical spironolactone DEF can be effectful.
Problem:
I don't know if it is the local receptor-binding that cause this effect or it may be because of the systemic reduction --> reduced testo. Hard to know. I had pronounced systemic effects.

As I am familar with the hairgrowth-biology trust me I am also surprised that I saw regrowth and thickening after just days. It seems I am very sensitive to anti-androgen and systemic effects. I have very aggresive male pattern baldness but I believe I answer well to topical anti-androgen problem is I get sides.
I will soon enough evaluate 0,01 % spironolactone or less concentration.

what other things you tried man?

you heard of zix, revivogen, fluridil?

looked into the experimental stuff like seti?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought revivogen, it inflammed my scalp so I stopped using it after a week. Also it smell very bad and has poor anecdotal evidence, so I thought it is not worth the time to use it. But I have planned to experiment on body hair.
Fluridil seems to shady...
Never tried zix but I have been doubting it, very little scientific background, but I have read Worms thread and thinking of maybe experiment with that.
I want to avoid all the experimental stuff as the last resort but I am familiar with most of them. My hair is now the worst it has been, very agressive male pattern baldness unfortunataly.

resu

Reaction score
Sounds good but without evidence it's hard to say if you experienced significant regrowth or not.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes! The only way to do this is double-blinded study with big sample size to see if this can be stat significant for the population. Although I am very sure that spironolactone can work topically to reduce androgenetic activity I am not sure if it is through local or systemic effect. And also I believe I am a very bad representative for the population average as I have read many people use topically 5 % with no effect at all. Only difference tho (maybe big difference) I formulate it myself instead of the s5 cream. Also even 1 mg spironolactone ORAL I believe it's very unusual to have this pronounced systemic effect, which further indicates I am very unusual responder. It should help though in slowing down the balding process for the most.
I don't have any pictures but I am very confident I can redo my experiment with results that would surprise many, but anyway I am not comfortable with post pics. Just here to share my experience.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get your spironolactone to make your own custom topical? Crushed pills? Online chemical supplies?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought revivogen, it inflammed my scalp so I stopped using it after a week. Also it smell very bad and has poor anecdotal evidence, so I thought it is not worth the time to use it. But I have planned to experiment on body hair.
Fluridil seems to shady...
Never tried zix but I have been doubting it, very little scientific background, but I have read Worms thread and thinking of maybe experiment with that.
I want to avoid all the experimental stuff as the last resort but I am familiar with most of them. My hair is now the worst it has been, very agressive male pattern baldness unfortunataly.

cheers man! i didnt see your reply till now