Currently shed from minoxidil.Will using Propecia make me shed again

salamero117

Reaction score
Started minoxidil 5% on June 3rd of this year. Would usually see 3-5 hairs when showering. On July 24th started shedding like I couldn't believe! I know its "normal" but the uncertainty of whether it will grow back or not is horribly stressing!

Anyhow, went to the dermatologist who confirmed male pattern baldness (I'm 32 and about a NW1-1.5) and will prescribe propescia after the blood tests come back.

Am I going to have to endure another shed? From what I understand shouldn't the minoxidil be taking care of the "sheddable"/telogen hairs? At least where I am applying the minoxidil?

BTW: Doctor also told me to start taking Biotin. How come its so rarely mentioned around here.

G

Re: Currently shed from minoxidil.Will using Propecia make me shed a

salamero117 said:
BTW: Doctor also told me to start taking Biotin. How come its so rarely mentioned around here.

Because there are no studies that show a benefit for people taking it who weren't deficient in biotin to begin with. People with biotin deficiencies will typically have severe hair loss including loss of the eyebrows, etc.

They're off recommended but I don't think that they help much. It certainly won't hurt you take it orally, just don't be surprised if it does absolutely nothing for you.