Currently Going Through A Big 2 Month Shed

Nounours

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share my current predicament, I'm sure some of you can relate in part and hopefully will have some advice on how to feel better about myself!

For the past two months I have been shedding a crazy amount of hair pretty much everywhere. Whilst washing/combing my hair, finding them on my pillow or on my floor, hairs dropping down on my book/laptop whilst working. I'm sure you get the picture (it's been relentless). As a result, in just 2 months, this has had a drastic and noticeable effect on how my hair my hair looks and how it can be styled. I've had big sheds in the past but they've have never lasted this long.

I've been experiencing male pattern baldness anyway (slowly working it's way up!), but I'm under the impression that this current shedding phase might be as a result of anxiety induced telogen effluvium. In June (so just over 3 months ago) I suffered what was probably my darkest anxiety period (lasting about a month and a half), where I could barely function properly (couldn't sleep, was constantly restless, irrational behavior). I don't want to go into details on what caused it but it was about a health scare (I'm in the clear now).
The hairs I have been shedding have predominantly been non-miniaturized telogen hairs. Don't get me wrong, I know this shedding episode will only worsen my MPD as any regrown hair will probably experience miniaturization.

I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and if they can give me some advice on how they mentally dealt with all the shedding.

Thank you!