Curis news!

mathias1981

Reaction score
Here is the link to the whole article:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zht ... id=833989&

Good but not yet exciting news...

Curis Reaches First Preclinical Milestone in Hair Growth Program with Procter & Gamble
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 21, 2006--Curis, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRIS), a therapeutic drug development company, today announced that it has reached the first preclinical milestone in a hair growth program with Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals, a division of The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG). The program is focused upon the potential development of a topical Hedgehog agonist for hair growth disorders, such as male pattern baldness and female pattern hair loss. As part of the initial agreement signed in September of 2005, P&G agreed to pay Curis up to $2.8 million in preclinical milestones. The first of two preclinical milestones has now been successfully completed.

"This first preclinical milestone represents the successful completion of several initial steps toward our goal of bringing a topical Hedgehog agonist into the clinic for the treatment of hair growth disorders," said Daniel R. Passeri, President and Chief Executive Officer of Curis, Inc. "We are pleased by the progress that the joint research team has made, particularly since our collaboration with Procter & Gamble began only five months ago. We are hopeful that this will be the first of several development achievements that will allow Curis and Procter & Gamble to advance a Hedgehog agonist into clinical development and ultimately succeed in providing an effective treatment for hair growth disorders. Under our collaboration with P&G, Curis has retained an option to co-develop this product from IND filing through Phase II trials. We believe that this co-development structure provides an opportunity for Curis to create additional value for our shareholders."

About the Procter & Gamble Curis Collaboration

In September 2005, Curis and Procter & Gamble entered into a research and development agreement to evaluate and develop potential treatments for hair growth disorders utilizing Curis' Hedgehog agonist technology. Future efforts may be expanded to address other skin disorders.

Under the terms of the agreement, Curis has granted P&G an exclusive, worldwide royalty-bearing license for the non-systemic, dermatological use of Curis' Hedgehog agonist technology, via topical administration. Curis will have an option to co-develop a development candidate through Phase II clinical trials, should an investigational new drug application be filed with the FDA. Curis has retained rights to certain non-systemic applications of the Hedgehog agonist technology, specifically for local cardiovascular and ex vivo use. Curis has also retained rights to veterinary applications of the technology, to which P&G has the first option to negotiate a commercial arrangement.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont consider this milestone.

I was expecting more along the lines of phase 1 tesitng of the product.
They have not even started developing the product yet.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The way the whole affair sounds. I think Curis is on to something really big.

Rememember this is not a product like Minoxidil or Finasteride. It is using the body's own regenerative mechanism.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Under the terms of the agreement, Curis has granted P&G an exclusive, worldwide royalty-bearing license for the non-systemic, dermatological use of Curis' Hedgehog agonist technology, via topical administration

Read this carefully. This is something big. A big company like P&G which is seeing "something" in Curis.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
Under the terms of the agreement, Curis has granted P&G an exclusive, worldwide royalty-bearing license for the non-systemic, dermatological use of Curis' Hedgehog agonist technology, via topical administration

Read this carefully. This is something big. A big company like P&G which is seeing "something" in Curis.

Seems like it could be pretty good to me also. I hope it's not one of those G** Da** "available in 5 years" predictions!! :evil:

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
They've got to get through the second pre-clinical milestone first, then the phase I, II, and III trials, so it's going to be a fair few years yet - assuming the product is considered safe and effective.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So far first it is a topical product.

2nd It has not shown any negative effects on mice.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hedgehog agonist? Are we gonna look like this? :lol:

hedgehoghair1fq.jpg

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Good one biff! If this does come out, I might get this instead of HM. Will you have to use it for life since it's regenerating the hair.

I noticed too today I'm seeing a lot more blond hairs on what used to be my hairline but none on temples.

Thanks for the update!

seancashmere

Reaction score
chewbaca said:

Who was it that first introduced rogaine with minoxidil? Wasn't that a huge conglomerate? Didn't they "see something" in minoxidil? Yup, I believe they call it money. I'm all for it if it works... I'm just saying that it likely won't.

powersam

Reaction score
and what exactly was wrong with minoxidil? its helped huge amounts of men achieve a cosmetically acceptable head of hair. i don't think anyone could claim minoxidil doesnt work.

seancashmere

Reaction score
Monoxidil does something, but it doesn't address the problem. It doesn't address the cause (which is still, for all intents and purposes, unknown) and it only makes a marginal cosmetic difference. It's still frustratingly inadequate for most male pattern baldness sufferers. But all I have to cite is anecdotal evidence so of course I could be, and usually am, wrong.

Felk

Reaction score
Well for some people, a few here recently, minoxidil grows about half a head of hair for them! For the majority this probably wont last, sure, but if they're on something else to address DHT and a copper peptide or something, it can and does last a long time. minoxidil is a potentially excellent treatment.

so of course I could be, and usually am, wrong.

Hehehe funny attitude you have there though, good to see... :lol: