Curious...

chrisp

Reaction score
I am curious to find out if anyone in this forum has conducted a study using, say minoxidil/s5 etc., on one side of their temples and then nothing on the other?

I know realistically everyone's main concerns are improving both temples but studying the role of topicals being applied on one temple could be a good indicated as to whether it is an effective topical or not.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am curious to find out if anyone in this forum has conducted a study using, say minoxidil/s5 etc., on one side of their temples and then nothing on the other?

I know realistically everyone's main concerns are improving both temples but studying the role of topicals being applied on one temple could be a good indicated as to whether it is an effective topical or not.

S5 is useless. Don't bother with it. minoxidil is pretty weak and not everyone benefits from it. Furthermore, if you're planning on regrowing temples with minoxidil, you won't (well, maybe you will, odds are slim to none though).

chrisp

Reaction score
hey hellouser, thanks for the advice I will keep it in mind! I was just wondering if anyone out there had tried a study just focusing on one temple

Billygekko

Reaction score
When I was using only minoxidil I regrew a lot of hair on my temples, but didn't keep the results because I stopped applying minoxidil.

bobomastoras

Reaction score
The study would have been useless .Many (like me) see better results in one temple than the other .When I started minoxidil my both temples where Norwood 2.5 ,now after 8 months my left is Norwood 1.5 while my right a Norwood 2.25 .