curious if others find this to be the case?

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
i haven't been on the boards in a few months, but have been doing a little catching up tonight. thanks to all of you who keep up with the information.

i have been just using minoxidil and seem to be at least progressing slowly--not totally maintaining, but doing okay. i have noticed a couple things though and thought i'd just check in and see if others noticed the same thing.

i am a diffuse thinner, not bad yet. but i do have the hairs that fall out and are fairly short with a thinner end--i believe a sign of male pattern baldness. but i also notice a lot of little white spheres in my hair. well, not raining down a lot--but if i scratch my head a few will be under my finger nails. it's not dandruff, but rather something similar to a whitehead, or the little thing at the end of a healthy hair.

just wondering if this is common or not, and if maybe it is an indicator of male pattern baldness. maybe it comes from the immune attack on the hair that seems involved in male pattern baldness.

any thoughts?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
The bulbs you see at the end of your hairshafts are flesh of the follicle.

They are usually a sign that the hair is being shed, ejected from the follicle.

Whether or not you are on treatments depends whether or not they will grow back in thicker or thinner.