CURIOUS!! Application of minoxidil...

ktron

Reaction score
Hi all, gonna give it in a nutshel.. im 21 years of age and witnessing heavy thinning on the crown, along with temples going bald also.

im currently on minoxidil liquid (5%), through an eye dropper which is marked and propecia (1mg), and almost a month into it. im also experiencing shedding which, after reading many threads believe is invetible. however, i was curious about the minoxidil application, im applying it around my whole scalp but focusing on the balding spot near the back (cowlick?)

Should i be applying the minoxidil equably or concentrating mostly on the region with less hair?

Will the hair only regrow on the areas i appropriately apply the minoxidil too?

would it be better if i optd for rogaine foam regarding the temples?

much help appreciated, Cheers! :)

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
No right or wrong on this.

Rule of thumb! If the liquid is not absorbed and it is dripping everywhere, you are applying too much or applying it drop wise toooooo fast!

Apply on area which is receding only.

Minoxidil will regrow none damaged hair follicles easily and thicken them up within 3 - 7 months. Depending on individual. Works like a charm on the crown.

As for the temple - hit and miss. Some people get regrowth, some just stabilise the receding. However, I have notice it will regrow the thin droopy hairs that are ready to die and thicken them up. So any bald scalp in the front will just grow very thin light hairs.

Now....the question! Liquid is a nightmare to apply to the crown. Just so difficult. When I used this years ago, I switched by applying to the finger and massaging it in gently.

From this forum, many state to go for the foam for the crown. It makes sense. Like a mousse, just squirt a bit as required and massage in.

rcom440

Reaction score
Just one thing, you don't have to massage minoxidil in the scalp, just use your fingers to spread it gently around the area where you are thinning. Massaging it will not improve the effectiveness of minoxidil.