curious about my male pattern baldness and how it started

venomman

Reaction score
I started noticing a straight line on the back of my head when i got my hair cut with the number 2 clippers. But i always thought male pattern baldness started on the top of the head? I started taking nioxin religously until i noticed it was not helping and i started getting worse and worse, so 3 months later started finasteride been on for a year and added spironolactone to the group.

But the question is if my hairloss started on the back of my head like right behind the ears how is that male pattern baldness??i never anyone with that sorta hairloss, I still have the line I cant get any thing to fill that in i either have to clip it really short or kep it kinda longer to hide it.

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
That's intresting. Perhaps it's a scar from your childhood that you just unearthed with the new haircut? I haven't read any stories of a line behind the ear in correlation with male pattern baldness.

As far as Nioxin goes, glad you dumped that useless piece of junk. It's good for thickening your hair but does absolutely nothing for male pattern baldness.

venomman

Reaction score
Yeah sh*t I think it was because of my bike helmet it happened a year after I got my yamaha R6. I just went to a hair and beauty place and they looked at my scalp and told me it was really irritated so they gave me some anti dandruff shampoo by Leonor Greyl and some vegtable/vitamin oil to put on my scalp twice a week. she said its not snake oil and laughed. but she told me to stop spironolactone(she doesnt know what it is) for now and see if my scalp gets better with these products and get back to her in a few weeks.

meh i figure why not, propecia is still on my side for backup. but all the pours on the back of my head closed up so im screwed for that i think, but yuou never know. :(